Watching very closely

This is a discussion on Watching very closely within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do you think our president is watching very closely the people's reaction in New York losing their second amendment rights. I do not remember seeing ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blanco64

Thread: Watching very closely

Watching very closely

Do you think our president is watching very closely the people's reaction in New York losing their second amendment rights. I do not remember seeing any protesting on TV when the people knew this was coming. I did not see any protesting when they were going to vote on this. and now there is still no protesting after they lost their second amendment rights. the people of New York (not making any noise at all). I am sure our president is watching this very closely and he may figure if they can get away with this in New York and the people seem to be okay with this. Then he probably figures he should be able to get away with this also to the rest of the country.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Watching very closely

Except for California, Illinois, and a few other states, the "rest" of the country is nothing like New York.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Distinguished Member
    He doesn't care whether they protest in NY or not. He has been waiting on the right opportunity to pass gun control and Lanza gave it to him.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    He doesn't care at all what the people think or want. The only person's interests that are important to him are his own.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Just part of the ADENDA.
    Hang on tight, it is gonna be a bumpy ride.

He could care less if they protest or not because he has Excutive Order. He knows this crap will pass.

VIP Member
    I they were demonstrating and protesting for new laws that would be plastered on every media outlet. A protest against, nah would not hear a peep about that, just not newsworthy.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Worrying about what happens at a state level would be so beneath him, I really dont think he cares one way or another. His way or the highway.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    All he is doing is trying to get an uprising somewhere so he can say The people (law biding citizens) are a threat to our country and I must stop this. This is where he will declare Marshall Law and it will be over for all of us.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Eventually someone will push it to the SCOTUS.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I wouldn't expect NY (and some other states) to make a lot of noise over their 2A, so it appeared they took their lumps obediently. I'm sure the media was able to help also. Since there was very little opposition, one could read between the lines that 2A isn't that important, and the timing of that happening made Obama look good. I don't know if that was a "big" plan or not, I'm pretty sure it was though.

I know some of you NYers are not happy, and I hate it for ya'll. Note my sig line.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    New York is essentially two different countries ruled by one mega-city/state. New York Population Distribution Map by Maps.com from Maps.com -- World?s Largest Map Store.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Links