Will manufacturers re-tool all weapon mags to meet new laws

This is a discussion on Will manufacturers re-tool all weapon mags to meet new laws within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In order that once we empty our 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 round mags we can insert a legal limit mag in order to be ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Will manufacturers re-tool all weapon mags to meet new laws

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Will manufacturers re-tool all weapon mags to meet new laws

In order that once we empty our 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 round mags we can insert a legal limit mag in order to be in compliance....Can't wait to see what the legal limit will be and the cost of the new mags.......I may not want to see........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

Maybe someone will institute a "Magazine Buyback!"

Turn in your "High Capacity" magazine and get $.05 back, like the old return deposit bottles.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    In order that once we empty our 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 round mags we can insert a legal limit mag in order to be in compliance....Can't wait to see what the legal limit will be and the cost of the new mags.......I may not want to see........
    These items will become quite popular:
    Mag Capacity Limiter Arredondo 10-Round Magazine Capacity Limiter for STI 2011 .38 Mags, Red 501-038 Detail Page
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Im sure its going to be interesting. New mags will probably sold out for long periods of time

I will be curious to see if such an item would be considered "legal within the scope of the law" as they write it...
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    Im sure its going to be interesting. New mags will probably sold out for long periods of time
    I think you may be correct on that point....just look at NY now...guns stores have nothing they can sell, everyone who pre-bought before the new law in NY are now criminals..they can't get legal mags for their guns at least for a while....this is getting stupider by the moment.

If you go to S&W's website and look at the SD series pistols, they have low capacity versions that hold 10+1 so they are compliant. Don't know if this really answers your question or not. I think in the future some manufactures will do what S&W is doing and offer low capacity versions.

SD9 VE? & SD40 VE? - Smith & Wesson
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patinthehat View Post
    If you go to S&W's website and look at the SD series pistols, they have low capacity versions that hold 10+1 so they are compliant. Don't know if this really answers your question or not. I think in the future some manufactures will do what S&W is doing and offer low capacity versions.

I was thinking more about existing owners of many handguns who's mag's are more than 10....(if ten becomes the new norm)...You know like a Glock 19....if law is passed they will all need 10 round mags for all these existing handguns......

Quote Originally Posted by patinthehat View Post

The new law was written to only allow mags with a capacity of 7. Anything more than 7 will be against the law. You will be fined / charged w/ a misdemeanor. Residents have up to one year to sell their illegal magazines out of state before facing fines if caught.

My comment is based of the new New York law that was signed yesterday.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

They'll probably jut stamp a dimple at the 10 round mark keeping the follower from dropping down any further. Thats what most mag manufactures did with the original 10 rd. cap law/AWB.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

The Federal recommendation is for 10 rounds or less. I have ordered one 10 round for my G23 but could not find any other suppliers. I am currently looking hard at the G36 (.45ACP and 7+1 w/extender) as a replacement for the G23.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    The Federal recommendation is for 10 rounds or less. I have ordered one 10 round for my G23 but could not find any other suppliers. I am currently looking hard at the G36 (.45ACP and 7+1 w/extender) as a replacement for the G23.
    They had a ten rounder for a Glock 17 the last time I was in Blackwing. I left it on the display rack.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Cuomo isnt making NY a model for the nation. They will be their own little island like California where nearly all gun-shops will pull out of that state because no manufacturer will make compliant parts. I dont see any sense in having a gun store that only sells revolvers and shotguns, in a state so restrictive on gun holders to begin with. Why would a manufacturer retool for one state that is maybe a sliver of its over all revenue. Unless everyone switch's over to 1911's, which could work.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    The new law was written to only allow mags with a capacity of 7. Anything more than 7 will be against the law. You will be fined / charged w/ a misdemeanor. Residents have up to one year to sell their illegal magazines out of state before facing fines if caught.

My comment is based of the new New York law that was signed yesterday.
    Wrong. New ten round mags will be illegal. Pre 2013 10 round mags will be grandfathered but you will only be able to put 7 rounds into them legally. Any magazines over 50 years old are legal. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Did I miss something? Last I read the only newly signed capacity limit was NY, and it's moronically 7.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links