List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan

This is a discussion on List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by phreddy 25. Ban Lady Gaga's gun bra. Oh man.......that means that they will have to ban Britney Spears gun bra too.......oh well ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    25. Ban Lady Gaga's gun bra.
    Oh man.......that means that they will have to ban Britney Spears gun bra too.......oh well as long as Austin Powers remains safe.....

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Texspeech View Post
    So...if my dad wanted to give me one of his firearms we would have to find an FFL to do it?
    Also, when he dies(not soon I hope) and my brother and I are settling his estate, what do we do then?
    I hadn't even considered the firearm "death tax". AKA: the guns belong to the government now. Yikes...

They are police officers assigned to work in our schools; they are armed and have the same powers as any other city police officer.
    John Luttrell

I can see it now... You are disarmed for "officer safety" during a traffic stop. the firearm is not returned to you until after they perform a background check...90 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), does as the title states, does not document weapons in anyway. The ATF Form 4473 is presently the only means to trace ownership and is maintained at the origin of sale for a period of twenty years or until the FFL is surrendered to the BATFE, the records are then surrendered to and filed by the BATFE.
    I understand that. Currently in my state, the gun can change hands 1000 times before 20 years is up. This is what they are trying to prevent. This is the "gun show loop hole" that they are talking about. This system will change.

# 7 . Launch a national s.a.f.e. and responsible gun ownership campaign. ?

Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by tdw63 View Post
    Don't like the one about Doctors asking patients about guns in the home. This is a blatant invasion of privacy.
    Are we not allowed to tell our doctors to go pound sand and mind their own business?
    bigmacque, Pistology and Clodbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I can see it now... You are disarmed for "officer safety" during a traffic stop. the firearm is not returned to you until after they perform a background check...90 days later.
    I feel bad for those in states who have a duty to inform.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I understand that. Currently in my state, the gun can change hands 1000 times before 20 years is up. This is what they are trying to prevent. This is the "gun show loop hole" that they are talking about. This system will change.
    Am I supposed to feel a little more at ease? Some of his firearms are 50 years old.
    Pistology likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Yeah right...

90 days...

More like 390 days... if you know someone...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    They are police officers assigned to work in our schools; they are armed and have the same powers as any other city police officer.
    Palm Beach County Florida has had their own police department since 1972. Back then it was called the common sense thing to do to protect our kids. That is a trait that the majority of our elected leaders lack today.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Am I missing something? Where in that list was the "universal background check system"? Or the "guns belong to the government" mandate?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Yes, but the only way it can change in any meaningful way is to know who has what guns now as a baseline. Think about it. If I have a gun that I purchased 2 years ago and the cops look it up 2 years from now, how would they know if it was illegally transferred? NOT FOR THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    Am I missing something? Where in that list was the "universal background check system"? Or the "guns belong to the government" mandate?
    See above.
    TX expat likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Texspeech View Post
    Am I supposed to feel a little more at ease? Some of his firearms are 50 years old.
    I'm on your side, on this issue. Nowadays the government passes laws without taking all (or any) circumstances into account. Especially knee-jerk, completely political, bureaucratic laws.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Yes, but the only way it can change in any meaningful way is to know who has what guns now as a baseline. Think about it. If I have a gun that I purchased 2 years ago and the cops look it up 2 years from now, how would they know if it was illegally transferred? NOT FOR THIS.
    Another good point. Man... this looks worse and worse every minute.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links