List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan

This is a discussion on List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence. 1. Issue a ...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan

VIP Member

The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.
    1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
    2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
    3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
    4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
    5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
    6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
    7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
    8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
    9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
    10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
    11. Nominate an ATF director.
    12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
    13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
    14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
    15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
    18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
    19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
    20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
    21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
    22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
    23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
    List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan | Fox News
    sioux565 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Yes there are a few things in there that are giving me a lot of heartburn, but some of this is just fluff to make it look like he's doing something.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    I have an idea for his 24th.

24. Resign immediately and take the drunk with you.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I have an idea for his 24th.

24. Resign immediately and take the drunk with you.
    Move it up to number one and trash the rest of the list.

I feel safer already, frankly.
    Clodbert likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

cj
    Actually not as aggressive as I'd expected, but lots of slippery slopes in there...
    bigmacque and Sarge65 like this.

25. Ban Lady Gaga's gun bra.
    mano3 and WINTEJER000 like this.

VIP Member
    Make no mistake that simply because it sounds benign, it must therefore be.

Having the CDC renew it's dumb research into "gun violence" is not good and neither is any of the other ones that provide some broad spectrum for any governmental agency to dip its fingers into firearms.
    miller_man and Bark'n like this.
    NRA Life Member

Well not as bad as I thought it might be.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Make no mistake that simply because it sounds benign, it must therefore be.

Having the CDC renew it's dumb research into "gun violence" is not good and neither is any of the other ones that provide some broad spectrum for any governmental agency to dip its fingers into firearms.
    I agree the CDC Eo and the one to clarify the Obamacare rules about doctors asking about guns in the home are the two I am worried about.

I do think we have a good chance of defeating the legilsative propsals.
    Bark'n likes this.

Isn't #12 the NRA's good guy with a gun proposal???

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    I'm concerned with the universal background check system.

1) This will equate to a national registration of firearms.
    2) What happens if someone has possession of a gun that is not in the national database? Will this be a crime? What if a family member borrows a firearm, or has one in their car, etc. Would they then be committing a crime?
    3) Can firearms that are "banned" be passed down to another family member? (Assuming a ban passes - I doubt and hope it would).

...still thinking about other issues, but you get my point.

I am still going to keep my head on a swivel as I recommend everyone else do as well. I wouldnt put ANYTHING past this administration.

VIP Member
    "If there's even one life that can be saved, then we've got an obligation to try," Obama said. "When it comes to protecting the most vulnerable among us, we must act now. ... Let's do the right thing."
    Well, if that's his attitude why dosen't he graciously offer to redistribute the armed security and secret service that currently guard his children's school and put one each in over 15 other schools around the country.
    eeeZnow likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Don't like the one about Doctors asking patients about guns in the home. This is a blatant invasion of privacy.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links