Gun control burnout

Gun control burnout

This is a discussion on Gun control burnout within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have read some comments on Facebook, i.e. the pulse of America, and people are getting sick of this gun control (now reframed as gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Gun control burnout

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Gun control burnout

I have read some comments on Facebook, i.e. the pulse of America, and people are getting sick of this gun control (now reframed as gun violence). People can only handle the intensity for so long and then they start yawning. This could actually start working in our favor.
    crue2009 and The Old Anglo like this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

This is the United States of Amnesia we live in. People can't remember our basic history let alone what happened last week before they move on to the next shiny thing.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    The further away we get from Sandy Hook, the more it will quiet down. Too many people have short attention spans.

WE need to pay attention lest anything slip past us.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Right you are.

What we need is a hilarious video of someone falling into an alligator pit or something to go viral through the interwebs. That will distract the public.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    This is so correct - we frequently get burned out as well, and that is when something is slipped past us, often attached to other bills that have nothing to do with it. WE need to drink the energy drinks and keep our awareness and take the fight to them. Small changes to privacy can have huge affects. Often loopholes are purposefully left in legislation to be used to erode citizens rights at a later date.
    soonershoote likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Well, a lot of 'us' are tired of talking about it as well... and I think everyone just wants it to be over with. I know I'm drained, and today is the first time in a long time that I actually have some peace inside of me regarding all of this, and that's after I came to work expecting to be quite upset after Obama's presentation today.

That said, keep your guard up, keep contacting your representatives... it's far from over.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Right,all the anticipation of the Kings speach ,i got all worked up and not much was said,but its far from over.

Funny you should mention that. This morning I was watching the "Left Sides" Media, and the were saying that they would stay on this topic and remind congress and the people as long as it takes. So they seem to want to push this on and on.. Hopefully there will be no more mass killings..

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

Gun control burnout

Reading through other sites, one thing is CLEAR: burnout or not, we can't get complacent. Obama's actions have fueled the anti-left into a foaming at the mouth frenzy. They are calling for writing and calling their reps and demanding that the bans be pushed through. They claim GOP support and the NRA are at their weakest now and that it is time to strike.

Don't rest on your laurels now! For Diety's sake, don't do that!
    phreddy likes this.

Administrator
    I'm using it as a opportunity to purge friendships and other relationships out of my life and hopefully the republic
    TheConcealer likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i hope our side is not getting weary. this is a war of attrition and it's only Jan of 2013, we have another 4 years to go. stay motivated guys.
    join a sports club or shooting range in your area, bring friends and family lets get the masses to see an M4/AK is not some evil black gun. here is my thought on it all, everyone is tired and as long as our side stays vigilant we will win. the antis that are hard core will fight this and bring it up every chance they get because they want to erode our bill of rights one step at a time.

the people who are on the fence and say "yeah something needs to be done" and are not gun people, well they dont have it in them to fight this long battle. they need something done now and get it off their minds, and they will feel satisfied. thats where we step in and tell them "things do need to be done" and tell them whats "being done" like re-enforcing all the laws that are already in place and all the other things that are talked about on here and other forums by us pro 2nd Amendment folks. some of the stuff Obama said today i agree with. Some of it well "hell no" it cant happen. but if we sway the "i want something done now" folks who really dont know what they want done then we can win and the far left Libs will look like the bad guys.
    RandyatOBX likes this.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

You are exactly right. The wolf is at the door and we need to remain vigilant.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    This is the United States of Amnesia we live in. People can't remember our basic history let alone what happened last week before they move on to the next shiny thing.
    I remember history, I just don't want to get the same classroom lecture day in and day out. There's a difference between forget and ignore.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links