Defensive Carry banner

RUGER SR OWNERS: please help! How the heck do I adjust rear sight windage

12K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Bird_Dog 
#1 ·
I loosened the windage screw so far i took it out! (no meant to even do that). The sight will NOT budge side to side, even when hitting it with a hammer. It's BEYOND frustrating!

What the HECK am i missing?!

#2 ·
The sight is snuggly fit into a dove tail with a set screw. You sometimes can lossen that screw, clamp you slide in a vice,(carefully) so it won't move and take a hardwood dowel or a brass punch and tap it with a hammer. If that doesn't do it, you might have to use a sight pusher, your local gun shop should have one.

#8 ·
Okay. I looked at sigh pushers. over 100 bucks to move a sight a half millimeter is ridic.

#9 ·
I know it is a difficult task for most men! She who must be Obeyed tells me this every day! READ THE MANUAL! :yup:

Here is a link:https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/_manuals/sr22Pistol.pdf

On Page 29 & 30 you'll find your answers to the meaning of sight alignment on your SR22! :wave:

I'm assuming you have an SR22 with adjustable sights as the SR9, etc. manuals do not mention adjustable sights?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.