Taurus 605 poly .357

This is a discussion on Taurus 605 poly .357 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was thinking of buying this gun, it seems like a sensible choice. Can anyone give me some insight?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brad426

Thread: Taurus 605 poly .357

Taurus 605 poly .357

I was thinking of buying this gun, it seems like a sensible choice. Can anyone give me some insight?

2. Remove Ads

You won't find a lot of positive Taurus statements here, just going by history. I have had positive experiences with their revolvers, but their products tend to be more hit-or-miss than most.
    DMan likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Re: Taurus 605 poly .357

I have a friend............ that loves his

from my phone

Taurus 605, 85, and 617's are all good guns. the 605 is probably the best gun they make. You will not have any issues with it and it has a very good reputation.

I'm not sure where you get the "poly" from though.... a rubber grip is standard on it, and you change them out to something else if you want to.
    I'ld recommend it in .357, even if you only shot .38's in it, as it will have a wider market and better resale on it as a .357.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I've had multiple negative experiences with both Taurus and S&W so it if it were me, I would spend a few bucks more and get a Ruger LCR. If you don't mind some more weight I would look at a Ruger SP101.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Links