Canik 55 Dolphin

This is a discussion on Canik 55 Dolphin within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody have one of these guns? I just ordered one from Davidson's and what little info I can find is positive, it's a 9mm CZ75 ...

Thread: Canik 55 Dolphin

Canik 55 Dolphin

Anybody have one of these guns? I just ordered one from Davidson's and what little info I can find is positive, it's a 9mm CZ75 clone made in Turkey.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tdw63 View Post
    Anybody have one of these guns? I just ordered one from Davidson's and what little info I can find is positive, it's a 9mm CZ75 clone made in Turkey.
    I'm in the process of selling my XD40 and received a trade offer of a Canik 55 "plus some cash". I politely declined his offer mostly because of what you said,,, there seems to be very little information on it. The guy making the offer said it was a Walther PPQ clone. I read on this forum it's a CZ clone. Well, that's all fine and good but until I have enough money to goof around with and take a chance here and there on a firearm just for the heck of it, I'll stick with tried and proven brands and models. Just my opinion of course.

Never heard of it. Please keep us posted on your experience with the gun.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Canik makes both cz clones and walther p99 clones. From what I've read, I'd have no problem buying either.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I've heard of CZ but not canik.

Links