Ar15 scope

Ar15 scope

This is a discussion on Ar15 scope within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been debating on optics for my m&p15 sport lately. Been searching around on google. Seems like everyone suggest eotech for a red dot. IMO ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ar15 scope

Ar15 scope

I've been debating on optics for my m&p15 sport lately. Been searching around on google. Seems like everyone suggest eotech for a red dot. IMO I rather just use the iron sights. Well now I would like to be able to shoot further say 500 yards plus. What scope would you all suggest for me? This will mainly be used for target practice at long range. I can always take off the scope for under 100 yard shooting. Price range would like to keep it at $150-200. I've been looking at some Nikon, Burris, etc

Decent quality an lower price would be great to since I will rarely be shooting out this far.

Vince,

I have been reading a lot about the Nikon P-223 (They make two versions of this scope). I have been considering the 3X32 BDC Carbine version for my AR. Nikon seems to have a very good product, with a good warranty and a very reasonable price. I bought a cheap scope before (a Barska) and it fell apart almost immediately. Right now I'm saving my shekels for that Nikon. You might check out Nikon and see what you think.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yea I was reading up on that Nikon to. Also looking at bushnell banner series to. Maybe ill head to academy and gander after work tonight and see what they have in stock

VIP Member
    Nikon makes great products. I don't own one of their .223 scopes but their line, as a whole, is top notch.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Yea I'm pretty much sold on the p223 after reading a bunch of reviews and watching YouTube on it. The only question now is do I go for the 3x32 for $150+mounts or the 3-9x40 for $200+ mount

VIP Member
    3-9x40
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I have the Nikon P223 on my AR 15. I haven't been able to use it yet to give you any feed back. But it's what my friend at Leaf River Sports recommended and I trust those guys completely.

Thanks for the info. Which reminds me I need to call them about ammo

What are you looking for? I'm in there 2 times a week or better. If its 223 it will be a while. You can always do the Thursday morning Gander Mtn wait. They have had ammo but they limit how much you can buy. IMO ammo will be readily available in a few months. Magazines are what I'm looking for.

I'll throw out another vote for the Nikon.

Mainly 9mm and 223 and maybe some 32 auto. Yea I was at gander this past Thursday and it was jammed pack at 9:15am. Honestly I'd rather buy at academy. I bought a box of 9mm Luger Winchester white box for $40 for 100 rounds. Same box at academy cost me $27. I'm pretty much good on pmags. Do need more glock19 15 round mags though. I think for 3 weeks straight I was at academy, dicks, and gander everyday as soon as they opened looking for ammo and mags lol

Do you want a site or a scope?
    For an AR in most cases a good reflex, red dot is the most useful . The really good scopes are going to cost you like the ACOG.
    There is little need for a fancy scope on most AR's.

Scope for distance shooting for fun really. Close range imma just use the iron sights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links