Where;s the love for NY??

This is a discussion on Where;s the love for NY?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by whoppo Here's a better representation of "Hope and Change": I like many saw this coming.. I wanted to stock up on lowers, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Where;s the love for NY??

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Here's a better representation of "Hope and Change":
    I like many saw this coming.. I wanted to stock up on lowers, Hi cap mags while they were cheap.. If they want to make us law abiding citizens criminals then maybe its time soon to stop playing by the rules.. Once they cross a certain line, I think a lot of people are gonna go underground and not care about their laws.. We did nothing to deserve this tyranny..

2. Remove Ads

Did you say you *can* keep your 10 round mags and only load 7? If so then this surprises me.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

We still got love for NY Americans. Just not the ones making stupid decisions in congress, or voting. Glad you can move and are doing it. Wish I could move to a free state.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

New York is a state known for its natural beauties. Also, there are good folks there who exhibit both political acumen and a genuine warmth and friendliness. Politically, New York is the sum of the majority of its voters. Personally, I find it to be a loathsome place because of that. Let's not forget though that we do have patriotic firearms owners who reside in that state. They may not have the advantages available to them which would allow them to move, or perhaps they have obligations that keep them there of necessity. They may even like the place and feel that they should "stick it out," hoping and fighting for a better day. Analyze why a state in our union can find itself to be a seat of scorn for American liberty as you will but don't paint all of its residents with too broad a brush for some few of them are your patriotic fellow Americans. Those few simply aren't able to prevail in that place at this time.

Let's make certain that the rest of the nation doesn't suffer the fate of the patriotic firearms owners of New York.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Florida....it's not just for Winter anymore.
    Lish, JaxRolo, zacii and 1 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Moderator
    On the REALLY amusing side, the doofus politicians who rushed this idiotic bill to the governors desk (so an even bigger idiot could sign it), they forgot to exclude law enforcement. So they are now scrambling to amend the law before it takes effect and the vast majority of police officers in the state become felons.

LOL
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

IMO.........I believe the good citizens of New York have to pick themselves up and rid the state of these LW political types.....remove them from office......shouldn't be too hard with all the payola and corruption there.....do a little digging and impeach the bastages.

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    On the REALLY amusing side, the doofus politicians who rushed this idiotic bill to the governors desk (so an even bigger idiot could sign it), they forgot to exclude law enforcement. So they are now scrambling to amend the law before it takes effect and the vast majority of police officers in the state become felons.

LOL
    Even if they amend it for LEOs, if they don't address retired police then the second they give them their service pistol upon retirement then they instantly become felons too. Epic FAIL.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    To the OP, I clearly you are not the majority vote. I'm sorry. No busting from me. Get outa Dodge City and good luck.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    I have felt a little kicked in the teeth also from some of the posts on defensive carry
    Given some of the posts, including some comments I admit that I have made, I understand why you would feel this way. Not that it is an excuse, but I think that is how a lot of people around the nation feel with regards to what NY is doing to them. Unfortunately, like Illinois it is dominated by one major city. As others have said, there is a lot of diversity in the state and most of it is a great place. I've taken some vacations to parts of upstate NY, including in my younger years when all I could afford was to go tenting and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I wish that there was something we could do to help you with the current situation. Perhaps, when the time comes we can help support the inevitable court case to challenge this nonsense that even the Liberal NPR says was a governor wanting to make a name for himself and get out of his father's shadow.

I feel for the people of New York. You have been screwed by the politictians who took an oath to protect your rights. I hope the next election you people remember what crooks they are. I used to like coming to New York state. No way in hell now.
    BugDude and TWO GUNS like this.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    To the OP, I clearly you are not the majority vote. I'm sorry. No busting from me. Get outa Dodge City and good luck.
    My thoughts exactly. Welcome to the forum and God speed getting out of there.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar

New York

How come I don`t hear of ANY Marches,Rally`s etc. coming from the Law Abiding Armed Citizens of New York?. Are ALL of you just going to lay down and take it without speaking out publically?. I bet Obama is watching this with a keen eye.

Hopefully New York gun owners will file a class action law suit against NY State. Don't run scared, run to a good attorney...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

I can't predict whats going to happen,but,i just don't believe S.C. will follow what N.Y. has done, so far as the 7rd mags and the aws,unless federally we have to.We are eat up,with gun toting rednecks,lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links