Where;s the love for NY??

This is a discussion on Where;s the love for NY?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; heck his approval rating has gone through the roof People may love him now but wait till the crime rate goes through the roof and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Where;s the love for NY??

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    heck his approval rating has gone through the roof

People may love him now but wait till the crime rate goes through the roof and lets see how much they like him.

2. Remove Ads

We feel for you here in IL! It's a very similar situation where one city attempts to speak for the entire state. In fact, several downstate Sheriffs have openly voiced their opposition to anti-2nd amendment laws and have vowed to not carry out any unconstitutional orders. However, you won't hear about that in the mainstream media. You'll only hear the stories of the Chicago windbag politicians thumping their chests over AWB's and mag limits. Thankfully we spoke up loud enough a few weeks ago to avert a similar law to the one NY just passed (albeit with 10 round limits instead of moronic 7 rounds). But the fight is far from over...they'll be re-introducing who knows what proposals next month.
    Heck, I'm within the Chicago media market (about 70 miles away) but my area is vastly pro-gun. We have 3 ranges within ten miles, and they all do great business. I'd venture to guess 97% of IL counties are pro-gun, but the population distribution doesn't work out that way.
    NY is the test ground right now...if this law is not challenged and challenged hard, the same scenario will play out in the coming year in IL, CA, MA, CT, NJ, and several other states I'm sure. POTUS didn't need to announce a bunch of radical EO's this week if the states are wiling to do the dirty work. Bet your bottom dollar DC is watching to see how NY's new laws are received. Stay strong NY'ers, the country is with you!

It started when NYC started making picante sauce...............
    BugDude, Ksthumper and noway2 like this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    NOW NOW...not all of us Agree with this stuff. Problem is its sorta run by the VERY democtratic CITY. western NY Roch/Buffalo is pretty conservative but its sorta run by NYC. Elections will be interesting as MANY Republicans voted for it too..it passed 43-18. NOw that these Rebublicans are getting heat they say that they didnt have time to read it.

I am just part of the MINORITY here. I guess your right...NY made this bed, heck his approval rating has gone through the roof!!

Very very blue here.

I just thought Id get a little sympathy from fellow enthusiasts...and had to stop reading about NY only as I know Obama is now gearing up. We'll see.

Been a long time lurker and reader. Thanks
    The part in bold is what I find disturbing. Perhaps those d-bags can make up for their utter incompetence and not support any of the changes to the law that are going to be required, such as not exempting LEOs from the provisions of that law. Since Cuomo and every other person in the New York assembly didn't bother to actually read the bill they should either be forced to repeal the law or force the LEOs and bureaucrats to live with it like they are forcing the citizenry to abide by. Somehow I doubt that will happen.

I also hope the NRA, SAF, and any other gun rights organizations use this law and all the unintended consequences that are in it to help stymie any federal legislation until people stop acting out of emotion and actually look at the issues logically.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    It started when NYC started making picante sauce...............
    Get a rope!!
    Seriously yall are welcome down here as long as you dont vote like the majority do up there.
    New York has been making this bed for decades. I feel sorry for the minority there but NY is sort of like Cali. States of liberal madness who think the rest of the country revolves around and cannot do without them. WRONG.

NRA and NYSRPA are already moving to go to Court. The politicians rammed this down the throat of NYers without time for public discourse and debate. The fight is only just beginning...
    BugDude likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    NOW NOW...not all of us Agree with this stuff. Problem is its sorta run by the VERY democtratic CITY. western NY Roch/Buffalo is pretty conservative but its sorta run by NYC. Elections will be interesting as MANY Republicans voted for it too..it passed 43-18. NOw that these Rebublicans are getting heat they say that they didnt have time to read it.

I am just part of the MINORITY here. I guess your right...NY made this bed, heck his approval rating has gone through the roof!!

Very very blue here.

I just thought Id get a little sympathy from fellow enthusiasts...and had to stop reading about NY only as I know Obama is now gearing up. We'll see.

Been a long time lurker and reader. Thanks
    We have the same problems here in CA. We are run by the 3 major city's. The rest of the state is very conservative. And I get the same old saws from a few about how we as Californians need to stand up and grow a pair, it must be that we are standing by not voting and letting these people that we elected ruin this state! And even 'When you decide to take responsibility for your own mess we will consider selling guns in your state!" [ Ive heard that one more than a few times.]

Until you get some legislative help, Can you put a block inside your mags to limit there capacity to 7? That way you can keep your existing mags? That's what Ive done here in CA to limit them to 10 rounds. CA requires that the blocks are permanent, so I glue and rivet them in place. Good luck DR

New Member Array PocketProtector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    You've made your bed s-l-o-w-l-y and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y over decades & decades. You've elected the Cuomos & Bloombergs. It's what you have asked & voted to happen. And now you want my sympathy? Uh...Welcome to Hope & Change.
    And rangels, spitsers, Pattersons, Clintons, Schumers Seriously

Cuomo sounded like Sylvester Stallone on Ripple..

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    How come I don`t hear of ANY Marches,Rally`s etc. coming from the Law Abiding Armed Citizens of New York?. Are ALL of you just going to lay down and take it without speaking out publically?. I bet Obama is watching this with a keen eye.
    There is one in Albany today, our state capital.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Hopefully New York gun owners will file a class action law suit against NY State. Don't run scared, run to a good attorney...
    There is a lawyer in Buffalo that is doing just that. He is trying to fight the ability of our state gvt to grandfather something in (1994 and before high cap mags), and then take it away. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Someone should start following the money trail. I wonder how much Bloomberg has left.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links