Bersa UC9 Range report - at last!

This is a discussion on Bersa UC9 Range report - at last! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Took (at last ) the Bersa UC9 with me to check it out, at a shoot today - the one I bought not too long ...

Thread: Bersa UC9 Range report - at last!

Assistant Administrator

Took (at last ) the Bersa UC9 with me to check it out, at a shoot today - the one I bought not too long ago from George, dr_cmg.

It was more than enjoyable - function is excellent and I love the feel of the gun. For a compact it shoots very easily, helped obviously by being 9mm - I put American Eagle FMJ thru it mostly, in 10 round strings - and finished off with a magful of 124 GD's.. If I needed to I could use this as carry with good confidence.

I found the sights needed drifted a bit for me - initially shots were going slightly left (target 1 - that was a ''splatter'' card). I made some change and re tried - but overdid the drift and also shot a bit lower (target 2) - then drifted back a bit.and got well centered but was shooting a bit lower (target 3) - light was at its worst on that one, plus the old eyes deal too I guess. Iron sights really are hard these days.

I am not too fussed with elevation aspects - it's windage I want set up right. Targets at nominal 21' or so - shots fired semi-rapid, 'fast deliberate' - if that means anything!. I don't expect stellar groups at my age BTW!

Overall assessment - here is a very nice possible for concealed carry - and good value at that.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I've started dating someone who is already a gun owner (oh be still my aching heart!). She said this Saturday she wants to get a 9mm semi....apparently her brother owns a Bersa 9mm and likes it alot; so I may go to gun shop with her to see if she likes one of these too.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    Dang - seems like you are well in there - and yes, the Bersa in ''value-for-money'' terms would be worth consideration. Could be some brownie points in line huh

I forget to mention - one of the ''usual'' things with most bersa's it seems is a rather stiff operation of the decocker/safety. No biggie to me in fact.
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    Chris, glad you finally got to try the UC9. I agree totally that it is one on the best value for dollar pistols out there. Except that Leah decided she would rather have my P239 than the Bersa it would still be here. Did you notice any of the sometimes mentioned problem of ejecting the last casing of a mag straight back? That was the other thing that disturbed Leah. It wasn't consistent, but happened just enough to bother her.

Enjoy.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    Did you notice any of the sometimes mentioned problem of ejecting the last casing of a mag straight back?
    Can't say I did George - at least not in an ''impactful'' sense LOL! Maybe I was lucky but anyways - I doubt that occurrence now and again would bug me too much.

Just love the feel of that gun in hand - funny eh how much that ''feel'' factor varies between us all. Now to try and introduce Bonnie to that if I can get her down to the range - which is overdue actually.
    Chris - P95

Sponsored Links