Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

This is a discussion on Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just did the same thing....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

  1. #16
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,669
    Just did the same thing.
    ppkheat likes this.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Senior Member Array tubadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WV/PA
    Posts
    926
    Good to hear this! I was going to make a trip home to go to this show since I am from Harrisburg, but as soon as I heard they were not allowing five stands to show certain things, I changed my mind. I'll still go home, but I can get the same experience at Cabela's as I can get from that show.

  4. #18
    Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    Good to hear this! I was going to make a trip home to go to this show since I am from Harrisburg, but as soon as I heard they were not allowing five stands to show certain things, I changed my mind. I'll still go home, but I can get the same experience at Cabela's as I can get from that show.
    I've attended a number of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show sponsored events. I for one will be boycotting all of their events as long as this policy stands. Their cowardice is standing up for gun owners (their life and blood) and the 2A is despicable.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

  5. #19
    VIP Member
    Array ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    Posts
    2,315
    Sent Cabela's an email supporting their position. Good to know that some companies are not caving into foolishness.
    ppkheat likes this.

  6. #20
    Member Array samh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Damascus, Arkansas
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Sent Cabela's an email supporting their position. Good to know that some companies are not caving into foolishness.
    Me too.
    ppkheat likes this.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

  7. #21
    Senior Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North of the Line
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Cabelas, and others, have pulled their sponsorship of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show after the ESOS's decision to ban assault weapons from being sold or displayed stating that it conflicts with its principles. Good job Cabelas as they refuse to give in to the shrill, over-the-top, emotionalism around so called "assault weapons."
    ... if that is true then KUDOS TO YOU CABELA'S because they are still listed as a sponsor on the shows website. Unless they haven't been able to remove them as a listed sponsor?

    Home - Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

    They have the best selection of firearms, ammo, and accessorizes out of all the Big Box store too! I hope this is a sample of how they will continue with inventory as usual.

    Did the ESOS cancel their "Legal Heat" = Concealed Permit Firearms Classes too? Don't want to instruct anyone how to use those evil guns!

    Who else canceled their participation? Did Ruger show up? If so, what firearms did they bring? That nasty Mini-14

    The ESOS should talk to Dicks I'll bet they will pickup the slack.

    And what is up with Wally World now? Are they pendant's of Obama now too?

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    5,961
    Good for them.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

  9. #23
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    ... if that is true then KUDOS TO YOU CABELA'S because they are still listed as a sponsor on the shows website. Unless they haven't been able to remove them as a listed sponsor?

    Home - Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

    They have the best selection of firearms, ammo, and accessorizes out of all the Big Box store too! I hope this is a sample of how they will continue with inventory as usual.

    Did the ESOS cancel their "Legal Heat" = Concealed Permit Firearms Classes too? Don't want to instruct anyone how to use those evil guns!

    Who else canceled their participation? Did Ruger show up? If so, what firearms did they bring? That nasty Mini-14

    The ESOS should talk to Dicks I'll bet they will pickup the slack.

    And what is up with Wally World now? Are they pendant's of Obama now too?
    I'm guessing they are probably not updating their website to show the loss due to their decisions. They still show the NRA and a bunch of other 'attendees' that have publicly stated that they are pulling out. I've been hitting a bunch of FB pages and seeing who has posted about it on their page. It seems that they have lost quite a number of exhibitors already.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  10. #24
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    7,943
    BUMP!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

  11. #25
    OD*
    OD* is online now
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    10,753
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Cabelas, and others, have pulled their sponsorship of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show after the ESOS's decision to ban assault weapons from being sold or displayed stating that it conflicts with its principles. Good job Cabelas as they refuse to give in to the shrill, over-the-top, emotionalism around so called "assault weapons."
    Excellent.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  12. #26
    Member Array BillK01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    161
    Nice job Cabela's!

  13. #27
    New Member Array thebriarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs CO
    Posts
    3
    +1 My letter is going out today...
    I spend a fair amount at Cabelas every year and I'm going to up that this year!

  14. #28
    Member Array contented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    199
    Maybe its just me but I see it in a much different light. Cabella's isn't standing up to anyone. IMHO they are playing both sides of the street in a VERY shrewd manner. The anti crowd will think they have been successful in bullying a major retailer while Cabella's hopes they aren't quite as evil in the anti's eyes. Lets hope it doesn't encourage the anti's. Our crowd says "good job" and goes to Cabella's and spends more money (just what they want). Since Cabella's isn't spending money on sponsoring the show they win there.

    The losers? You and me and everyone with similar interests who might go to the show. It won't be as big and nice as it could have been w/ Cabella's there.

  15. #29
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by contented View Post
    Maybe its just me but I see it in a much different light. Cabella's isn't standing up to anyone. IMHO they are playing both sides of the street in a VERY shrewd manner. The anti crowd will think they have been successful in bullying a major retailer while Cabella's hopes they aren't quite as evil in the anti's eyes. Lets hope it doesn't encourage the anti's. Our crowd says "good job" and goes to Cabella's and spends more money (just what they want). Since Cabella's isn't spending money on sponsoring the show they win there.

    The losers? You and me and everyone with similar interests who might go to the show. It won't be as big and nice as it could have been w/ Cabella's there.
    Not really, every vendor and sponsor ends up losing the investment they made with plans to attend the show. It's not like they'll get all their money refunded simply because they choose to pull out. If you talk to some of the smaller vendors that are now pulling out, you'll find that they are doing so at a considerable monetary loss. Also, if the anti-gun crowd is going to feel emboldened by anything, it's the show's decision to take the modern sporting rifle out of the show. The only thing that would further promote the anti-gun agenda is for the conscientious vendor and attendee to not change their plans to attend. If the show fails because of their decision, then it sends a clear message that this kind of attitude is not acceptable in the outdoor sporting community.

    Secondly, I'd say if you choose to attend after what they did, you are doing so with full knowledge and approval of the choices they (the show's management) made concerning their decision. Maybe you, and anyone else, considering attending ought to consider joining the many people and corporate entities in not attending. If you do decide to go, don't blame all of those who are standing up for our Second Amendment rights, blame the decisions that drove everyone away.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  16. #30
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    15,980
    Sometimes money speaks louder than words.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

cabelas eastern outdoor

,

cabelas esos

,

cabelas gun show

,
cabelas has pulled sponsorship of the eastern sports outdoor show
,
cabelas not sponsoring eastern outdoor show
,

cabelas pulling sponsorship

,
cabellas not going to easter
,
colt firearms eastern sports show
,
eastern sport show cancelees
,
eastern sports show
,

legal heat esos

,

sponser leaving eastern sports show

Click on a term to search for related topics.