Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - Page 2

Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

This is a discussion on Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just did the same thing....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

VIP Member
    Just did the same thing.
    ppkheat likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Good to hear this! I was going to make a trip home to go to this show since I am from Harrisburg, but as soon as I heard they were not allowing five stands to show certain things, I changed my mind. I'll still go home, but I can get the same experience at Cabela's as I can get from that show.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    Good to hear this! I was going to make a trip home to go to this show since I am from Harrisburg, but as soon as I heard they were not allowing five stands to show certain things, I changed my mind. I'll still go home, but I can get the same experience at Cabela's as I can get from that show.
    I've attended a number of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show sponsored events. I for one will be boycotting all of their events as long as this policy stands. Their cowardice is standing up for gun owners (their life and blood) and the 2A is despicable.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

VIP Member
    Sent Cabela's an email supporting their position. Good to know that some companies are not caving into foolishness.
    ppkheat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Sent Cabela's an email supporting their position. Good to know that some companies are not caving into foolishness.
    Me too.
    ppkheat likes this.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Cabelas, and others, have pulled their sponsorship of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show after the ESOS's decision to ban assault weapons from being sold or displayed stating that it conflicts with its principles. Good job Cabelas as they refuse to give in to the shrill, over-the-top, emotionalism around so called "assault weapons."
    ... if that is true then KUDOS TO YOU CABELA'S because they are still listed as a sponsor on the shows website. Unless they haven't been able to remove them as a listed sponsor?

Home - Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

They have the best selection of firearms, ammo, and accessorizes out of all the Big Box store too! I hope this is a sample of how they will continue with inventory as usual.

Did the ESOS cancel their "Legal Heat" = Concealed Permit Firearms Classes too? Don't want to instruct anyone how to use those evil guns!

Who else canceled their participation? Did Ruger show up? If so, what firearms did they bring? That nasty Mini-14

The ESOS should talk to Dicks I'll bet they will pickup the slack.

And what is up with Wally World now? Are they pendant's of Obama now too?

VIP Member
    Good for them.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    ... if that is true then KUDOS TO YOU CABELA'S because they are still listed as a sponsor on the shows website. Unless they haven't been able to remove them as a listed sponsor?

Home - Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

They have the best selection of firearms, ammo, and accessorizes out of all the Big Box store too! I hope this is a sample of how they will continue with inventory as usual.

Did the ESOS cancel their "Legal Heat" = Concealed Permit Firearms Classes too? Don't want to instruct anyone how to use those evil guns!

Who else canceled their participation? Did Ruger show up? If so, what firearms did they bring? That nasty Mini-14

The ESOS should talk to Dicks I'll bet they will pickup the slack.

And what is up with Wally World now? Are they pendant's of Obama now too?
    I'm guessing they are probably not updating their website to show the loss due to their decisions. They still show the NRA and a bunch of other 'attendees' that have publicly stated that they are pulling out. I've been hitting a bunch of FB pages and seeing who has posted about it on their page. It seems that they have lost quite a number of exhibitors already.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    BUMP!
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Cabelas, and others, have pulled their sponsorship of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show after the ESOS's decision to ban assault weapons from being sold or displayed stating that it conflicts with its principles. Good job Cabelas as they refuse to give in to the shrill, over-the-top, emotionalism around so called "assault weapons."
    Excellent.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Nice job Cabela's!

+1 My letter is going out today...
    I spend a fair amount at Cabelas every year and I'm going to up that this year!

Maybe its just me but I see it in a much different light. Cabella's isn't standing up to anyone. IMHO they are playing both sides of the street in a VERY shrewd manner. The anti crowd will think they have been successful in bullying a major retailer while Cabella's hopes they aren't quite as evil in the anti's eyes. Lets hope it doesn't encourage the anti's. Our crowd says "good job" and goes to Cabella's and spends more money (just what they want). Since Cabella's isn't spending money on sponsoring the show they win there.

The losers? You and me and everyone with similar interests who might go to the show. It won't be as big and nice as it could have been w/ Cabella's there.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contented View Post
    Maybe its just me but I see it in a much different light. Cabella's isn't standing up to anyone. IMHO they are playing both sides of the street in a VERY shrewd manner. The anti crowd will think they have been successful in bullying a major retailer while Cabella's hopes they aren't quite as evil in the anti's eyes. Lets hope it doesn't encourage the anti's. Our crowd says "good job" and goes to Cabella's and spends more money (just what they want). Since Cabella's isn't spending money on sponsoring the show they win there.

The losers? You and me and everyone with similar interests who might go to the show. It won't be as big and nice as it could have been w/ Cabella's there.
    Not really, every vendor and sponsor ends up losing the investment they made with plans to attend the show. It's not like they'll get all their money refunded simply because they choose to pull out. If you talk to some of the smaller vendors that are now pulling out, you'll find that they are doing so at a considerable monetary loss. Also, if the anti-gun crowd is going to feel emboldened by anything, it's the show's decision to take the modern sporting rifle out of the show. The only thing that would further promote the anti-gun agenda is for the conscientious vendor and attendee to not change their plans to attend. If the show fails because of their decision, then it sends a clear message that this kind of attitude is not acceptable in the outdoor sporting community.

Secondly, I'd say if you choose to attend after what they did, you are doing so with full knowledge and approval of the choices they (the show's management) made concerning their decision. Maybe you, and anyone else, considering attending ought to consider joining the many people and corporate entities in not attending. If you do decide to go, don't blame all of those who are standing up for our Second Amendment rights, blame the decisions that drove everyone away.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Sometimes money speaks louder than words.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links