Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - Page 3

Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

This is a discussion on Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Two thumbs up!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

Two thumbs up!
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

VIP Member
    Canceled...

NATION’S BIGGEST SPORTS AND OUTDOOR SHOW POSTPONED INDEFINITELY FOLLOWING MASSIVE BOYCOTT OVER NEW POLICY BANNING SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLES
    Jan. 24, 2013 5:30pm Jason Howerton

The largest sports and outdoor show in the United States has been postponed indefinitely following severe backlash over a recently enacted policy banning the display and sale of “modern sporting rifles,” or semi-automatic rifles. The Harrisburg Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show was originally scheduled for Feb. 2-10 in Harrisburg, Pa.

The rest of the story here: Nation?s Biggest Sports and Outdoor Show Postponed Indefinitely Following Massive Boycott Over New Policy Banning Semi-Automatic Rifles | TheBlaze.com
    FTG-05 likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

I think our elected officials will be able to read between the lines...

Reed can do the backstroke all way the back to Britain and they can take Piers Morgan with them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Canceled...

NATION’S BIGGEST SPORTS AND OUTDOOR SHOW POSTPONED INDEFINITELY FOLLOWING MASSIVE BOYCOTT OVER NEW POLICY BANNING SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLES
    Jan. 24, 2013 5:30pm Jason Howerton

The largest sports and outdoor show in the United States has been postponed indefinitely following severe backlash over a recently enacted policy banning the display and sale of “modern sporting rifles,” or semi-automatic rifles. The Harrisburg Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show was originally scheduled for Feb. 2-10 in Harrisburg, Pa.

The rest of the story here: Nation?s Biggest Sports and Outdoor Show Postponed Indefinitely Following Massive Boycott Over New Policy Banning Semi-Automatic Rifles | TheBlaze.com
    I think this is am impressive development as it shows just how much clout law-abiding gun-owners really have. We also found out just how much the industry supports us, too- very encouraging.
    Jeanlouise and FTG-05 like this.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 481 View Post
    I think this is am impressive development as it shows just how much clout law-abiding gun-owners really have. We also found out just how much the industry supports us, too- very encouraging.
    The problem is the gun grabbers see this as a win...they stopped the sale of guns because an entire show was closed down.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Re: Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

The problem is the gun grabbers see this as a win...they stopped the sale of guns because an entire show was closed down.
    I don't think they stopped any gun sales. People who want to buy know where to go (assuming they can find what they're looking for).

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    “It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

This is from the ESS home page, anybody else a little disgusted with the above? Obviosuly the MAJORITY of exhibitors don't agree with you, and choose freedom over your british ideals! Everybody is aware that the folks that own this show is a english company right?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    “It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.
    That is, perhaps, the most arrogant response I could've ever imagined on the behalf of Reed Exhibitions. They are, unabashedly, blaming this on American gun owners, the same folks that they were looking to make a buck off of as if it is our fault for standing up for our pastime and our rights.

Reed Exhibitions also makes a pretty penny managing the NSSF SHOT Show every year and if this is their view of law-abiding American gun owners, then perhaps it is time that NSSF find a new event organizer who values the people from whom they make their living.
    My favorite "gun" book-

PA citizens can still buy guns. Nothing has changed except that we have, through our unity, collectively influenced who we will do business with.

The anti-gun thugs can "see it" however they want, but that doesn't make it so.
    FTG-05 likes this.
    My favorite "gun" book-

VIP Member
    PA citizens can still buy guns. Nothing has changed except that we have, through our unity, collectively influenced who we will do business with.

The anti-gun thugs can "see it" however they want, but that doesn't make it so.
    Totally agree.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Who cares what gun grabbers think? They think that gun laws somehow stop criminals from breaking the law or that GFZ's somehow prevent people from killing people with guns.

That is, perhaps, the most arrogant response I could've ever imagined on the behalf of Reed Exhibitions. They are, unabashedly, blaming this on American gun owners, the same folks that they were looking to make a buck off of as if it is our fault for standing up for our pastime and our rights.

Reed Exhibitions also makes a pretty penny managing the NSSF SHOT Show every year and if this is their view of law-abiding American gun owners, then perhaps it is time that NSSF find a new event organizer who values the people from whom they make their living.
    I heard over at Arfcom that NSSF is reviewing their relationship with Reed concerning the SHOT show. My bet is that Reed will lose all future gun show business. At least that's my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    I heard over at Arfcom that NSSF is reviewing their relationship with Reed concerning the SHOT show. My bet is that Reed will lose all future gun show business. At least that's my hope.
    Excellent!

Right there with you brother- I hope too that they find someone else.

It's interesting to me that while the lamestream media touts the ability of Zero & Co. to motivate their base through the effective use of organized social media campaigns since they have been essentially 'out-communicated' by our relatively disorganized social media (ie- the various gun boards). It's mainly 'cause we, as law-abiding gun owners, are sick of being scape-goated everytime some nut-job picks up a gun and does something unthinkable with it- as if we somehow made it happen simply by owning our guns.

What is truly impressive (to me) is that we (on forums like defensivecarry.com) are not "organized" in any sense of the word- no one is coordinating anything, no one is telling us what to say, who to say it to, or when to do so, yet we have brought Reed Exhibition to its knees on this simply by telling those who make their living in an industry that caters to our love of the sport and constitutional RKBA that we won't stand for such divisive crap like Reed Exhibitions tried to pull.

In a sense that is the beauty of our 'movement' (as it were), that is, we are basically de-centralized yet we remain unbelievably effective- and I hope that we can apply that to our legislators as well as they consider the reintroduced 94AWB.

Write 'em often and don't give up, people. It is time.
    My favorite "gun" book-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links