DPM Systems Advanced Mechanical Recoil Reduction System??? - Page 2

DPM Systems Advanced Mechanical Recoil Reduction System???

This is a discussion on DPM Systems Advanced Mechanical Recoil Reduction System??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One of the best "felt" recoil reduction systems was the Harrts Recoil Reducer. They have not been made ever since Mr. Harrt (a machinist) passed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DPM Systems Advanced Mechanical Recoil Reduction System???

Administrator
    One of the best "felt" recoil reduction systems was the Harrts Recoil Reducer. They have not been made ever since Mr. Harrt (a machinist) passed away. If you ever do happen upon one ~ buy it.
    The Harrts was a hollow Stainless steel guide rod filled with liquid Mercury and three Stainless steel balls.
    It did slightly reduce muzzle flip but, did make a difference in felt recoil.
    I have one in my P220 and I bought it way back when because I thought that it would be nice if a guide rod did something else beside just be a guide rod for a recoil spring.
    They were not cheap back then. About $85.00 but, beautifully made and machined. It was a simple "drop in" part.
    Whatever the exact working principle there was an actual slight increase in "shot to shot" recovery which is why I still have it installed in my firearm.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks for your input
    will have to check that out

Someone posted this on it.

"not really a good thing this system does not allow or limits your slide from moving all the way to the rear unlike the stock guide rod assembly...on top of that it put your gun back into battery sooner. Here's the problem...your mag follower now has less time and space to fully seat before the slide stripes off another round. I've run these DPM's on all my Glock pistols for the past 4yrs and has not noticed less felt recoil, not reliable with cheep ammo, and failures to feed. Not worth the money"

What do you think?does that sound right

Also this one "i completely agree. I think these products have a place on the market mainly for competitive use. Sure you could use for carry use but you risk reliability issues that i as well would not want to take the chance with as well. On the other hand if i owned one and ive shot 500 or so rounds with 0 failures then i guess it would be ok."

I might just get an SS rod If I happen to go what route..
    Others just stick with my polymer..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links