DPM Systems Advanced Mechanical Recoil Reduction System???

This is a discussion on DPM Systems Advanced Mechanical Recoil Reduction System??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody have any experience with one of these? Especially in a .40 or .45. Was looking to replace my polymer guide rod with a SS ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPM Systems Advanced Mechanical Recoil Reduction System???

Thumbs up DPM Systems Advanced Mechanical Recoil Reduction System???

Anybody have any experience with one of these?
    Especially in a .40 or .45.
    Was looking to replace my polymer guide rod with a SS one from guiderods.com But I ran into this
    and just for a bit more it seems It'd be a great investment..

2. Remove Ads

I would give it a try. I believe the Shield has a guide rod similar to this design, spring within a spring. Many people comment on how nice the felt recoil is on the subcompact shield and the springs have to have something to do with that.

Unfortunatly I can't find anybody that makes these for compact guns. I carry two M&P compacts.

Oh man well springco also makes these systems as well..
    I just checked them for you and I dotn think they do either..

Yeh Im gonna give it a try,once I rack up a bit more cash..
    The people who I've talked to said it would be Ok to get for like a 9..But not really neccessary.
    But for a .40 or .45 it'd definately be worth it and would see much more improvement..
    Plus the stainless Is what I was goin for anyways,But with a recoil reduction system included.
    Sounds good to me

You can try this sight they have quite a few different ones Israeli Military Online Shop | ZAHAL (Tzahal) | The Israel Army Store think there about $89.00 for most guns hope this helps.

Thanks Ya N to go along with the new Recoil Spring I want to get my barrel and all parts silvered out on the gun..

Storm lake make$ nice barrels. I emailed DPM about a M&P compact rod. Strange they sell a compact spring for the out of production SW99. I sure would like one of those springs.

Those barrels look nice.But they have no Berettas..hm
    Well anyways Nice good luck with that.
    Let me know what they tell you..Im sure if they dont have something they could take in the idea and possibly bring one into production

Do things to strengthen your forearms and hands or buy lesser calibers. I never understood the point of buying a gun and then trying to reduce it's recoil with gimmicks. My feel is that any non factory part can impede function at the worst possible moment. There is no shame in carrying a 9mm, it will do the job too. Buy what you can control. To me, .40 cal recoil and 9mm+p are the same anyways.

And for what it is worth I tried some tricked out springs and a "shok buff" in on of my 1911's. It did nothing to lessen felt recoil as the product touted it would.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Do things to strengthen your forearms and hands or buy lesser calibers. I never understood the point of buying a gun and then trying to reduce it's recoil with gimmicks. My feel is that any non factory part can impede function at the worst possible moment. There is no shame in carrying a 9mm, it will do the job too. Buy what you can control. To me, .40 cal recoil and 9mm+p are the same anyways.

And for what it is worth I tried some tricked out springs and a "shok buff" in on of my 1911's. It did nothing to lessen felt recoil as the product touted it would.
    I will agree that the shooter is responsible for the performance of the gun but IF I can gain any advantage with aftermarket accessories it's worth it to me.

Take the M&P for example. It a good gun but built to a price point. As times change new techniques in manufacturing are developed. Case in point, the new shield has a much better trigger reset and dual recoil spring which many say makes a subcompact shoot better than the compact.

I like the M&P line but my EDC has new sights, apex kit, and I'm having a mini red dot put on. Gimmicks??? For some maybe, I know the upgrades don't replace training and give me a majic field of protection but I'll take every advantage in training and the protection of my families life.

Administrator
    Actually the HK USP has a factory dual recoil spring system that is basically the same as the SPRINCO. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Im not saying I absolutely have problems with my .40 or have any at all..
    But anything to improve the performance,of my firearm I'd say is well worth looking into..And help with my performance.
    Of Course Its "all in the person shooting it" but its not..Its in the firearm as well..And the mechanics behind it.
    Whether how much of a difference its going to feel between you and me is going to be the thing..But most people who Iv heard from about it,BIG gun guys..Gunblast,etc.Either could feel very minimal change but some or helped them Alot..Not A wholeeee lot on single shots.
    But increases the performance of follow up shots and double taps majorly.
    Like your car,Factory is not always better..You can always upgrade the performance and likings far beyond anything the factory would ever do..
    Also I got a .40 by mistake,funny story..I wanted the 9mm version,but ended up with this..But Im glad I'd rather have a .40 anyways

Also just cause its "original" and "factory" does not make it better by any means..
    Has just as much a chance of failure if not more..depending on the product.
    A cheap polymer guide rod, is much more prone to failure over a SS better quality one.
    PLus a fact to take into consideration is where a SD situation might occur and ur lacking control over ur motor skills,etc your going to want anything you can get on ur side to help you..Especially with follow up shots so.
    But with this type of thing its either .
    "dont touch it if it aint broken"
    or
    Being for increasing ur performance and upgrades/look for your things..

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmith View Post
    I like the M&P line but my EDC has new sights, apex kit, and I'm having a mini red dot put on. Gimmicks??? For some maybe, I know the upgrades don't replace training and give me a majic field of protection but I'll take every advantage in training and the protection of my families life.
    Not saying you shouldn't modify your gun. What I was saying was more in the context of the thread which is recoil control. I do not know of any "gimmick" that is worth having to reduce felt recoil which is what my post said.

Sights, trigger kits, and some other things are exempt from my statement. I'd sure hate to have to explain to a jury why my gun has a "hair trigger", red dot scope, and so forth which is why my carry guns stay factory.

Quote Originally Posted by drinknshoot View Post
    Also just cause its "original" and "factory" does not make it better by any means..
    Has just as much a chance of failure if not more..depending on the product.
    A cheap polymer guide rod, is much more prone to failure over a SS better quality one.
    PLus a fact to take into consideration is where a SD situation might occur and ur lacking control over ur motor skills,etc your going to want anything you can get on ur side to help you..Especially with follow up shots so.
    But with this type of thing its either .
    "dont touch it if it aint broken"
    or
    Being for increasing ur performance and upgrades/look for your things..
    The aftermarket exists because people will buy anything to make stuff "better", its human nature. But some of it is stupid. For instance, a FLGR for a 1911. There is no evidence that it is any better than the normal guide rod. Yet guys spend $30 a pop (or more) getting them. I also hear a lot of talk about MIM parts in the Kimbers for instance being "weak" and yet RARELY if ever do you see a Kimber owner with a broken pistol. Mine has a decent amount of rounds through it in stock trim without a SINGLE hiccup from DAY ONE.

Again, I want to make this very clear because the response from GetSmith put things in the mix I was never talking about. I was merely saying trying to reduce recoil with a shok buff or dual spring doesn't work.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

True of course everything u hear or see "even that is said to help" is not always good.And with alot of stuff makes little difference unlike what they claim..
    It's just up to you honestly to try it out if ur that curious and sees if it benefits you personally.Because what might not make a difference to someone, could mean the world to someone else..It just depends right

Well Im gonna try it out I think, Once I could get the funds..But its not on top of the priority list.
    I like that it could help with my double taps and follow up shots..But I guess we will see.
    But we know its not for everybody just like a cold intake kit and spinnerz
    ha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links