Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group - Page 2

Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group

This is a discussion on Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm still not buying a Taurus product....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group

I'm still not buying a Taurus product.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Better watch out next company they buy could be Colt or Ruger...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group

Taurus also just recently bought Diamondback Firearms also.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/01/taur...back-firearms/
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Taurus revolvers aren't that bad. Their autos on the other hand, are door stops.
    agreed +1
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    No, I think that's incorrect. Revenue normally refers to sales. What you're talking about is profit.
    You may be correct - regardless the thought is the same. I did a little reading, and it appears that it is one of those words that is not always used consistently. But regardless - you won't find a Taurus in my safe.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

What all names do they own now?
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    what gun's does freedom group make?
    A total of 14 companies comprise Freedom Group, the big names that i know right offhand are Remington, Marlin, DPMS and Bushmaster.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    I have owned several and still own a Taurus semi auto pistol. I have never had any problems with any of them. I am glad that someone in the firearm business such as Taurus is trying to buy the Freedom Group. As someone else mentioned, I would rather have Taurus buy them, then that Bloomberg fellow. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by JayHawker45 View Post
    A total of 14 companies comprise Freedom Group, the big names that i know right offhand are Remington, Marlin, DPMS and Bushmaster.
    Thanks JayHawker

I wonder if now we can expect the product quality with these companies to become spotty or hit and miss also. Or if They will use their facilities to make better Tarus guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Thanks JayHawker

I wonder if now we can expect the product quality with these companies to become spotty or hit and miss also. Or if They will use their facilities to make better Tarus guns.
    One can only hope - I will support any gun manufacture that doesn't cave to Blomberg and the politicians, and does what they can to turn out quality guns. Spotty uquality seems to be accurate. a friend of mine has a Taurus in .45ACP an it runs like a charm, feels so smooth. But an identical gun that was NIB that was on the dealers rental range was sloppy, rough, failed at every turn. The dealer was so frustrated boxed it back up, sent it back to Taurus and stopped carrying their autoloaders.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

The Taurus revolvers I've observed have been uniformly bad ... as in metallurgical/heat treat issues and finish work. Perhaps they will learn something that will help them make a better grade of firearm by acquisition of Freedom Group.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I had one Taurus 357 revolver which I ended up selling for a S&W because with the Taurus I could not consistantly group my shots. I am much better with the S&W but it could have been my grip.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Not sure, but Freedom Group was owned by Cerberus, a private equities company with zero firearms knowledge and known to raid companies for profit. If it sells to a Taurus, it would be a better move for both companies IMO. Since Cerberus thinks AWB is looming, they don't see how to cash cow the Freedom Group anymore.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I wonder what percentage of Taurus' sales are in the USA. I know gun rights in Brazil is pretty iffy. Do they do military contracts? Wonder why they just don't move here, or at least set up more of a factory than their current mouse gun production.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links