Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group

This is a discussion on Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Buy Low, Sell High: Freedom Group May Be Bought Out By? Taurus? | The Firearm Blog Bloomberg.com reports here that the Freedom Group firearms companies, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group

Buy Low, Sell High: Freedom Group May Be Bought Out By? Taurus? | The Firearm Blog
    Bloomberg.com reports here that the Freedom Group firearms companies, which were put up for sale last month by Cerberus, have a suitor with cash in hand. Taurus! It turns out that the Brazilian company is the second largest firearms manufacturer in the world in terms of revenue, below Smith and Wesson and above Sturm Ruger.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Now THAT would be a sad turn of events. God I hope not.
    GlassWolf likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Wow! Taurus is the second largest in the world. That's surprising. I thought it would be Colt or sig?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I know Taurus isnt a lot of folks cup of tea. Honestly Ive had a few revolvers over the years and currently carry either a pt840 or pt945. Ive never had the problems with any of them ive read about. The current pistols 40 and 45 feed anything I put thru them and go bang everytime. Revolvers were good too. Several others I know have the same expierence with them. I havent known personally of the problems I read about all the time.
    I would prefer Ruger and have owned several but for while now these two pistols have been my primarys. Ill be buying soon and when I do it will likely be Ruger though if I got a good deal on a Taurus I wouldnt be uncomfortable buying one. Especially a revolver.
    crossfireltd likes this.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Taurus ,IMO it would be a good move for them to but it up
    I just hope they done ship the jobs to Brazil......

I own several Taurus pistols for years now and have had no problems what so ever out of any of them; in fact two of them are my preferred concealed carry pistols, a PT804 for when I'm out in the wilderness and a PT 111 Millennium Pro for every day carry.
    crossfireltd and l1a1 like this.
    John Luttrell

VIP Member
    Another "foreign" company owning an American firearm manufacturer.
    Did not go well when it happened to S&W.
    I doubt this will prove to be beneficial in the long run either.
    atctimmy and Hoganbeg like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Taurus, 2nd leading in terms of REVENUE - which means they make a lot more money on each item they sell than the competitors. If it were by sales, then it would probably be behind.

In short it means that each piece they build is built very cheaply, and sold for more than they are worth, There is a reason I don't have a Taurus in my lineup anymore. It really REALLY stunk.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    How bout we at DC pony up the dough and buy the freedom group?

I vote for JD to be the chairman.
    pfries, oneshot and zacii like this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    How bout we at DC pony up the dough and buy the freedom group?

I vote for JD to be the chairman.
    I can donate $1.13 to the cause. My taxes went up, so I can't afford as much these days.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

It is better than Bloomberg buying freedom.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I know Taurus isnt a lot of folks cup of tea. Honestly Ive had a few revolvers over the years and currently carry either a pt840 or pt945. Ive never had the problems with any of them ive read about. The current pistols 40 and 45 feed anything I put thru them and go bang everytime. Revolvers were good too. Several others I know have the same expierence with them. I havent known personally of the problems I read about all the time.
    I would prefer Ruger and have owned several but for while now these two pistols have been my primarys. Ill be buying soon and when I do it will likely be Ruger though if I got a good deal on a Taurus I wouldnt be uncomfortable buying one. Especially a revolver.
    Taurus revolvers aren't that bad. Their autos on the other hand, are door stops.
    Maverickx50 likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Re: Humble Taurus poised to be the biggest player in firearms; may buy Freedom Group

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Taurus, 2nd leading in terms of REVENUE - which means they make a lot more money on each item they sell than the competitors. If it were by sales, then it would probably be behind.

In short it means that each piece they build is built very cheaply, and sold for more than they are worth, There is a reason I don't have a Taurus in my lineup anymore. It really REALLY stunk.
    No, I think that's incorrect. Revenue normally refers to sales. What you're talking about is profit.

VIP Member
    OK, seriously. After thinking about it, it isn't such a joke to me. How much do you all think we on DC could come up with?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

what gun's does freedom group make?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links