3 People Injured At Local Gun Show (Raleigh, NC)

This is a discussion on 3 People Injured At Local Gun Show (Raleigh, NC) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting :: WRAL.com Really? This is NOT going to help the current gun ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 3 People Injured At Local Gun Show (Raleigh, NC)

Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting :: WRAL.com

Really? This is NOT going to help the current gun situation in America.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    As I've said before, despite our 2A rights, some people should not have firearms.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

He probably cleans his loaded gun too. Time for a safety refresher course.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

I would think people attending gun shows and trying to sell would know that they have to be checked. I don't know to much about shotguns but I personally have never seen a gun go off by itself maybe it did I don't know.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

If the gun discharged just by dropping it on the table,some Manufacturer is gonna be getting sued by 3 people that were injured by their defective gun.
    The guy should have never brought a loaded gun into the show,but some people should be born with viewing windows in their abdomens for a reason
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If the gun discharged just by dropping it on the table,some Manufacturer is gonna be getting sued by 3 people that were injured by their defective gun.
    The guy should have never brought a loaded gun into the show,but some people should be born with viewing windows in their abdomens for a reason
    All the shows here check your guns and disable them with a zip tie.
    cmdrdredd and diver1102 like this.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Same in Florida ,checked and zip tied

This was at the front area where they check them, so he hadn't actually made it inside yet. As crowded as this show was scheduled to be I bet even more people would have been hurt if he had actually been inside. Glad no kids were hurt.

Seems like someone thought it was empty and went to dry fire it. I think its extremely unlikely that it was dropped on a table and thats what caused it to go off.
    aus71383 likes this.

Time to outlaw shotguns and bird shot cries the left! How many more innocent people have to get peppered with birdshot before we act!?
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    This was reported on my local news radio station something like this... "Just three weeks after the Newtown massacre, there has been a shooting at a gun show in North Carolina."

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Time to outlaw shotguns and bird shot cries the left! How many more innocent people have to get peppered with birdshot before we act!?
    I'm sure the local constabulary is working with the negligent on the issue. I'm sure he's very contrite, right now. As well he should be. (A 12ga shotgun blast has gotta sting.)

And though "the left" might cry and yammer and bleat, what this one person did doesn't reflect on the tens of thousands of other people across the country on that same day who had nothing to do with it, who don't treat their responsibilities in such lackadaisical ways. And, even this person who fumbled probably is decent and upstanding too. Unwanted, unplanned situations can happen, whether they occur by accident or negligence or the whim of the gods. He'll be made to account for his actions. His actions have nothing to do with the actions of others.
    ctr likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The gun was probably lying in wait just hoping for an opportunity to strike.

I can remember when some idiot fired a pistol into the ceiling of the covention center during a gun show many years ago here in Daytona. That place never alowed another gun show.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    There's no excuse for this crap, It's basic firearms safety 101.
    cmdrdredd and ccw9mm like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

There were two more separate incidences
    Three gun show accidents in NC, Ohio, Ind. on Gun Appreciation Day - San Diego Top News | Examiner.com

Another guys somehow shot his hand while loading a 45 and another ng hitting the floor...

In WA we have our guns zip tied as well. Makes sense during the show. Outside the show, they or you can remove the tie and be about your way. No problems. I did read where our next show (Next weekend), there will be a lot of media and police looking for numb nuts that are reinforcing negative stereotypes of gun owners and gun shows...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links