Springfield xd 9mm service

This is a discussion on Springfield xd 9mm service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Met up with a guy to check this gun out. I really like the way it felt, reviews and all but was hoping to get ...

Met up with a guy to check this gun out. I really like the way it felt, reviews and all but was hoping to get some of yalls reviews and also how much would it be worth. 4" model, 2 mags, 50 rounds of ammo and case.

VIP Member
    It's a good gun. Search the pistol forum and you'll see plenty of folks talk about their XDs.

Can't really tell you what it's worth. Now's a crazy time to buy anything... I saw a guy in a local gun listing trying to sell his XD subcompact for $950. This week he lowered it to $750. I'm sure he thinks he'll get some stupid money from someone, and ultimately he may just be right. Considering you can buy them new for under $500 and they are findable at that price, I don't know why anyone would pay that much, but some folks have more money then sense.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I own a XD 9mm service and love it. I use for house defense and everyday carry with a crossbreed IWB. I would not trade it for anything. Been shooting it for 3-4 years with no hiccups of any kind with any ammo I feed it. however, I have never shot steel ammo through it. I bought mine for $500 with the gear. 2 mags, brush, loader, mag pouch, and holster. I see them now at Academy sport for about $550.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I own one as well, although I haven't had it that long. I picked mine up on a local Christmas sale with 2 mags, brush, lock, and case for 360.

I have an XD in the .40 which is pretty much the same platform. I have a 9mm conversion barrel for it and love it. The nice part is that the XD .40 mags will also accept and shoot 9mm.

For practical and safety reasons, I keep my .40 and 9mm mags totally separate, and I double check every time that I have the correct caliber magazine, ammo and barrel on the receiver. However, I do love the platform. My G19 is my primary carry gun, but I suspect I am going to loose either it or the XD to my wife. Trying to find a good revolver for her that she can handle better - but costs right now are a little bit on the high side.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Great gun. I have the .45acp Service model XD and have had zero issues in 7 years I have owned it. I wouldn't pay more than $450 for what you have listed.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Links