CT Bill 122, ONE SHOT MAX!

This is a discussion on CT Bill 122, ONE SHOT MAX! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by zonker1986 I grew up in Illinois....bad enough. Seeing some of the ridiculous crap coming out of New York, Massachusetts and now Connecticut....I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: CT Bill 122, ONE SHOT MAX!

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I grew up in Illinois....bad enough. Seeing some of the ridiculous crap coming out of New York, Massachusetts and now Connecticut....I am officially trading in my Yankee blue
    for Confederate Gray.....permanently. Seems that everyone north of the Mason-Dixon has freaking lost their minds.
    Coulda told ya that a long time ago! Down here we understand the constitution and also how to play winning football (obligatory ROLL TIDE!)
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

2. Remove Ads

This bovine feces really has me looking for employment in other states. My non-shooting liberal wife has had it with it too.

I honestly don't worry about it passing, for one reason: It WILL be tossed out of court, and as such, no such law could ever be attempted again so we don't have to deal with that kind of idiocy.

God help us all, if this passes it will only show the true stupidity of the American public, especially those in CT
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    They have managed to give the word " Stupid " a new meaning. How do people like that manage to get through an average day?

While these type proposed bills are on the humorous side we can not let our guard down and think "pfffftttt we have nothing to worry about"....... The anti-gun crowd and media are pumping out propaganda daily in order to convince the American public that "evil rifles" and truthfully guns in general need stricter regulations...... We have one hell of huge uphill battle to fight.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Senior Moderator
    Stupid bills like this just offer more proof that various groups have subverted many of our state and federal legislators.

Maybe it is a good thing. Maybe it'll wake some people up.
    aus71383 likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Statement of Purpose:

To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes.
    Idiots! Criminals don't follow laws.
    aus71383 and msgt/ret like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    This is actually a pretty decent idea... But what's puzzling to me is why stop at 1 bullet? Wouldn't it be better to limit criminals to guns that hold 0 bullets? Or perhaps guns that hold less than 0 bullets. That way when they shoot you, bullets will be sucked in to the gun, and everyone will be safe.
    aus71383 likes this.

I still have some friends and family stuck in CT. The sad part is its like New York, it's run by the cities. The northwest of the state is rural and conservative but because of the cities they are under represented. My friends and I have talked about how upstate New York and Litchfield County and parts of western Mass should break off and become their own state.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    This is actually a pretty decent idea... But what's puzzling to me is why stop at 1 bullet? Wouldn't it be better to limit criminals to guns that hold 0 bullets? Or perhaps guns that hold less than 0 bullets. That way when they shoot you, bullets will be sucked in to the gun, and everyone will be safe.
    Oh, I'm sorry, you seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere. This bill isn't about limiting criminal's guns or bullets; it's only for the law abiding people. Criminals have their own set of laws that they establish themselves.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I think that a 'one shot max' law would be like the Second Coming of awesome.

Can you imagine the innovation that would follow, in order to make that one shot as good as possible? We're going to get brain-seeking, auto-guided, instinctively fired, high-velocity, massively mushrooming bullets within 5 years. I tell ya. Right now, 99% of the innovation is figuring out how to get more bullets into a gun, or getting the gun lighter and more ergonomic. How much innovation, honestly, goes into making bullets more awesome?

But with this type of law, the innovations of the free market are going to be all over making the 'one shot stop' more likely.

And then I will be able to buy these types of bullets, and that would be cool
    Mental illness incidents are used to threaten gun rights.
    The March of Dimes headed off the Universal Iron Lung coverage debate, just sayin'.
    Alternately, for those with a toolshed and ideas.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    When this doesn't pass, those politicians can show the idiots who voted for them that they tried their best to be an idiot, too.
    But what about the children!? Think of the children!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

And you just have to love this part of the bill:

Statement of Purpose:

To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes.

Really? Like the guy breaking the law against murder will care that the illegally bought or stolen gun he is using is against the law too.

There's a distinct difference between STUPID and IGNORANT. This is just plain old fashioned stupid at its most absurd level.
    TX expat and msgt/ret like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    And you just have to love this part of the bill:

Statement of Purpose:

To do our part, on a state level, to totally disarm the law abiding public.

Really? Like the guy breaking the law against murder will care that the illegally bought or stolen gun he is using is against the law too.

There's a distinct difference between STUPID and IGNORANT. This is just plain old fashioned stupid at its most absurd level.
    That was just a typo, I fixed it in your quote above...
    BugDude likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links