Why would you need more than 7 rounds? Because I might need 8.

This is a discussion on Why would you need more than 7 rounds? Because I might need 8. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Must admit, at work, I've shared over the past few years that I support 2a, I'm a gun owner, and a member of the NRA. ...

Must admit, at work, I've shared over the past few years that I support 2a, I'm a gun owner, and a member of the NRA. I'm also a hunter, and that is when I tend to take time off. Works well for others, as they get more holiday time off. I am always careful not to bring up the topic (guns / hunting). Just if asked, I'll state something quick, and move on. You never know who might not like the conversation. Consider hunting, and talking about skinning a deer. It is not for everyone (frankly not something I like to do) and I respect that others mighht now want to hear about it. Still, everyone knows I hunt, have guns, so you can imagine the quick statements I might make that are approperate, but clearly state my position.

A co-worker mentioned that her husband had been storing her 22 semi-auto pistol in truck for protection. She mentioned this because she knows I own firearms, and now all she had was a shotgun, unloaded, in the house. She was not sure how to load it, and she wanted her 22 back. Neither has a CC permit. I shared with her that it was a very poor decision, and could result in some serious charges for her husband. I also shared that in general, it was a very bad idea to have a firearm in a house that you did not know how to use.

I've changed some details, but for the most part, you have the facts. I did not state anything "political." If you were going to have a firerarm in the house, you should know how to use it, and if you storing a firearm in a vehicle, you should have the proper permit.

My boss, from an office 20 or so feet away, came out of the office, took this as me bringing politics into the workplace. Started talking all sorts of hot button issues (think every hot butting issue you can, for example some not allowed on this forum). I held my cool, shared that I did not think the topics were approperate for the work place, that what I mentioned had been an approperate response to the co-worker, but that if the boss wanted to talk about these issues, we should go to lunch or after work, to discusss. Boss then stated I was making up excuses, that the boss's comments had put me in my place (shown me to be "foolish"). That I was being cowardly, and could not, "...defend my views publicly out of shame..." and it would show me to be "...ignorant of facts.".

I was silent. You could tell the office found the bosses statement inappropriate. To save face, boss made a statement, and I could not control myself.

THE FIREWORKS: Boss, "You can't tell me one reason anyone would need more than 7 rounds for self defense!" By this time everyone in office is listening. I reply, "Because I might need 8." Office snikers. Boss, "Why would you need 8?" Reply, "Because my assailant might have 20, they are already breaking the law, what would stop them from breaking one more?" Boss, "It only takes one bullet to kill someone, what are you the police?" Reply, "You watched to much TV as a child." Boss, "So you don't have an answer." Reply, "Not for someone who thinks Deputy Fife's one round in a pocket is sound policy." Office laughts. Unfortunately boss still angry at me.
    E
    ven anti-gun types at office have come to my support, stated that the boss was wrong to do what the boss did. I have agreed, but ended those quick conversations by stating, everyone makes mistakes, and it would be best to just forget about it.

Truth, it has made for an uneasy relationship at work. Hope it settles down, but I'm guessing all the gun news is stoking the fires for the boss with family or friends, and has targeted me at work.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

sounds like he got schooled..

Anyways hope it gets better man

"why would you need more than 10 mags?"

"cause i might need 20"

words from a mag addict ha

Links