this doesn't look right - Page 2

this doesn't look right

This is a discussion on this doesn't look right within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ok so I contacted the dealer, (who doesn't even have a showroom, just attends gun shows and it well out of reach across the state) ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: this doesn't look right

ok so I contacted the dealer, (who doesn't even have a showroom, just attends gun shows and it well out of reach across the state) who got me in contact with his supplier. the supplier said to call around local to see if any other stores he supplied (17) had one in stock and of course they didn't. rock island armory has still yet to acknowledge my compliant or even answer their phone. i have called, emailed, and posted on their web site. this is crazy. I would sell the damn thing if I felt you could safely fire it.

I would not recommend selling it. It is an obvious manufacturing defect. I would:

1. Contact dealer to get it resolved.
    2. Contact manufacturer to get it resolved.
    3. Contact credit card company to stop payment if not resolved in steps 1 or 2.
    4. Lodge a complaint with Better Business Bureau
    5. Lodge a complaint with Consumer Product Safety Commission
    Burns likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I would not recommend selling it. It is an obvious manufacturing defect. I would:

1. Contact dealer to get it resolved.
    2. Contact manufacturer to get it resolved.
    3. Contact credit card company to stop payment if not resolved in steps 1 or 2.
    4. Lodge a complaint with Better Business Bureau
    5. Lodge a complaint with Consumer Product Safety Commission
    I would do these sequentially, and take the follow up steps only after prior steps failed to provide satisfaction, given adequate time to lapse.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Hmmmm.... and I see it has one of those "shoulder things that goes up." Not only should it be returned it should be ILLEGAL!

It's not right and should be replaced by the dealer or manufacturer or you should be refunded.

If you find no alternative from the dealer or manufacturer and end up stuck with this item, I should think that would be repairable to a satisfactory level. There are a lot of ways to fill a misdrilled hole like that and make it quite strong and serviceable enough. Not the best outcome, but mismachining like that is not the end of the world either.

With the thud that a 12GA produces it wont be long before that turns into a club. I would send it back, I hear they have a pretty good customer service department I would not see why they wouldnt take care of it

do you think it is safe to shoot?

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anj4657 View Post
    do you think it is safe to shoot?
    It is not safe to shoot! RIA has a good rep for taking care of problems. The distributor could help you get in touch with RIA. But let it ride out a couple of days, they are going to have to replace the receiver. They will probably direct you to their repair facility. While you have them on the line ask them for a shipping label, this will save you the shipping cost to the repair place. Sorry it happened to you but it happens even in top drawer items. DR

Call rock island again today. still no answer. Its still a little early to expect an email. anyone ever dealt with their customer service before? how long did it take you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links