PX4 SC Vs PX4 Compact

PX4 SC Vs PX4 Compact

This is a discussion on PX4 SC Vs PX4 Compact within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I BOUGHT A PX4 SUB-COMPACT 9MM YESTERDAY. While i was taking down the gun the take down pin came all the way out .. i ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 1 Post By drinknshoot
  • 1 Post By high pockets

Thread: PX4 SC Vs PX4 Compact

PX4 SC Vs PX4 Compact

I BOUGHT A PX4 SUB-COMPACT 9MM YESTERDAY. While i was taking down the gun the take down pin came all the way out .. i was able to get it back in with some force but it really scared me. I then did some research on it and found some people having issues with the pin coming out while firing the gun. Not a good thing at all. People reported there slides actually popping off after firing a round. this made me buy a Compact Px4 which doesn't have the pin and breaks down like a glock. I am selling one and just wanted to get some feedback before i did. which one is better? what do u guys think?

Thanks
    Paul

Sorry i dont have any experience with the Compact or Sub just the Full Size..
    But I've never heard anything on that,And mine functions flawlessly.
    But good luck with that man I'll check back n see if you found anything out..

Post on the Beretta Forum that question!

Ya thanks. If anyone has a SC PX4 let me know because i am having issues with the takedown pin. For some reason we i try to reassemble the gun with the pin in its out position it will only go in if i turn it back 90 degrees left. then i get pus it in? which doesn't make sense im just scared with this thing.

No Problem
    Yeh Id say you'd for suree get multiple responses on Beretta Forum(BF)
    I know abunchh of people have those on their

PX4 SC Vs PX4 Compact
    I know nothing of the takedown pin issue with the sub compact Storm. What the sub compact PX doesn't have that both the full size and the compact versions of the gun do have is the Storm's rotary barrel system which has been credited with dispersing recoil for a softer shooting experience. I'm a believer based on my own experience with my full size PX4 Storm. The thread title suggests a comparison between the sub compact and the compact versions of the Storm and I would say the compact over the sub compact hands down.
    MatthewF likes this.

the Sub doesnt have a rotating Barrel???
    really

Quote Originally Posted by drinknshoot View Post
    the Sub doesnt have a rotating Barrel???
    really
    No, it doesn't. The compact and the full size Storms do but not the sub compact. That doesn't mean the sub compact Storm isn't a fine little pistol, it's mechanics are just different from its bigger brothers. I'm just not fond of sub compact semi autos. I've talked to several people who own sub compact Storms and really like them. I've never shot one myself.

Oh nice..
    Ya not saying I dought them..
    But thats Like the leading mainpoint of the Px4 series..But yeh When I got mine, I just got the Full Size..The smaller ones look weird and cool at the same time though ha.
    Anyways ya Great Pistol Series Love It
    wmhawth likes this.

I have the PX4 Compact, it is my EDC, and it has been flawless. As said in previous posts, the Sub-compact does not have the rotary barrel. That, and the too short for me handle, made the SC unacceptable to me.
    MatthewF likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Your answer is "NO" ... if you put it back together right, and checked it, but "yes" if you didn't. I can show you on most Beretta's a way to NOT put them back together right, will appear they are ... and if not tested / checked, they will come apart easily.
    It's all in just doing it right the first time, and doing a check that it's assembled correctly. People can think they have it right, and don't. I can put one together and not have it right..... and when you pull the trigger the barrel will fall off the front of the gun. It's not a failure of the gun, it's a failure in the operator assembling it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I have the PX4 Compact, it is my EDC, and it has been flawless. As said in previous posts, the Sub-compact does not have the rotary barrel. That, and the too short for me handle, made the SC unacceptable to me.
    How do you carry your PX4 compact? It seems too big for me to IWB...

@Dadman PX4 Compact is my every day carry. I'm 5'8" and weigh in at 165 lbs. ( not a very big guy ) In the winter time I use a OWB streamline pancake holster with a 20 degree cant and no safety strap/snap. In the summer I use a IWB Remora and put it in the same position. Keep it simple and use a forward cant and no one will know it is there unless they touch you and feel it. People don't notice that you are carrying unless your uncomfortable with it. Don't give yourself away.

Sponsored Links