Defensive Carry banner

glock 30sf loading problem...experiment?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  xXxplosive 
#1 ·
hope im not going to get crucified for asking this....BUT....has anyone ever considered trimming the spring on the g30 mags to help load 10+1?

#2 ·
I think I read something about that on Glock Talk a couple of years ago. I haven't on mine. I just push hard on the mag to get it in there. For reloads I carry G21 mags and those are much easier to put in on a closed slide.

#3 ·
the only reason it bothers me is when im loading 10+1 and i go to put the mag in, in order not to struggle i hold the firearm in a non conventional way and just doesnt feel safe. i tend squeeze my hands together having my right palm on the top of the slide and left palm pushing in the mag...dont like it! guess ill carry 9 till the springs break in but would like a quicker solution.

#4 ·
I can get 10 rnds in my G30 mags with a little effort. In time the spring will loosen enough to make it a little easier. I wouldn't cut the spring down. As for loading the mag in the pistol, if you insert the mag with enough authority, you can get it to seat without changing your shooting grip. It may take a little practice, but it can be done, and it's a lot safer than changing your shooting hand grip on the pistol.

#5 ·
I've kept the 10 round mags loaded since 2009 and I haven't noticed the mags getting any easier to load. I'm not going to download by one so I end up doing what one of the above posters mentioned and hold it in an unconventional manner.

#6 ·
With G30 mags, getting "easier" to load means you can finally get 10 in, not that they're easier to load. I stuffed 10 in and let them sit a day or two and it's easier now--with the loader. Don't think I'd want to use thumb power too much.

#8 ·
I think if you have to smash the magazine so hard to get it to seat that you can't do it with a normal grip - you shouldn't have that many rounds in the magazine. 10 rounds of .45 ACP is good. 1 is always better - but if the magazine doesn't work, or the follower gets cracked, or the gun doesn't cycle right.....then you only had 1 round.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to ignore....

Austin

#12 ·
Reason not to store mag fully loaded unless needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.