Groupon Dumps All Things Gun-related

This is a discussion on Groupon Dumps All Things Gun-related within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Group-gone....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Groupon Dumps All Things Gun-related

Group-gone.
    smolck likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

Groupon Dumps All Things Gun-related

I poupon groupon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Yoda; January 22nd, 2013 at 10:39 PM.
    zonker1986, krisspy and smolck like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

They responded to me:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your feedback and take these inquiries seriously.

Gun-related deals, including shooting ranges, conceal-and-carry, and clay shooting, are on hiatus as we review our internal policies for the types of deals that we feature. Groupon has always aimed to offer deals driven by local consumer preference and request; at this time, enough consumers have asked us to eliminate the category that we believe a review is warranted. A decision has not yet been made.

Please note that all existing purchases for gun-related Groupons are still valid and deals that were previously offered are not being canceled.

Thank you again for contacting us, and please let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Regards,

Sandra G
    Groupon Customer Support

VIP Member
    One by one companies cave to the Anti agenda. It's pretty frightening really.

I'm going to write to them too. I get their e-mails every day. If enough people protest, maybe they'll rethink it. I'm not holding my breath.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Got my response today, pretty much the same canned crap as above.

"Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

We understand that this is a sensitive topic, and that some of our customers may not agree with our choice to pause the promotion of firearm-related deals. Groupon has always aimed to offer a diverse range of products and services to meet the various tastes and interests of our subscribers. However, at this time, enough customers and merchants have voiced their opinions that we believe a hiatus is warranted.

Please note that we have never sold guns, and this hiatus only applies to firearm-related deals including shooting ranges, clay pigeon shooting, and concealed weapons training classes. We have not made a final determination regarding this category -- we are simply taking a break and may reevaluate in the future.

We genuinely appreciate your opinion and the feedback you've given us. I'll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate people.

Regards,

Aliza S
    Groupon Customer Support"

Unfortunately I realize I cannot cause enough impact for them to change their stupid policy back to normal. But I still won't ever use them again.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Bad business move for them. I hope they reap what they've sown.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

And I just "dumped" them.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I cancelled my account and noted my reasons for doing so. Received a response saying my account has been closed but they did not comment on their stance on guns.

I did thank them, though, for selling me and my wife certificates to our concealed carry training class.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links