Heard this while having my morning coffee. Almost fell outta my chair.

This is a discussion on Heard this while having my morning coffee. Almost fell outta my chair. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jdsumner Brother, If I can ever "stay up" for 4 hrs, I'm going door to door. "hey, ya'll.... look at this!!!" dan...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Heard this while having my morning coffee. Almost fell outta my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner View Post
    Brother,
    If I can ever "stay up" for 4 hrs, I'm going door to door.
    "hey, ya'll.... look at this!!!"

dan

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Greasy anal discharge? .
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

My favorite has always been, "may cause anal leakage." Fancy wording for may poop your pants!
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Speaking of crazy side effects, I've seen a lot about John Noveske's last FB post with all the drugs linked to school shooters. I am usually very skeptical of anything that smells of conspiracy theory, but has anyone seen a confirmation or verification of his information? Or has it been debunked? I know at least some of it is true, assuming news reports were accurate.

Thanks!

There's always the anti-depressants that "may cause depression or suicidal thoughts"...

VIP Member
    All drugs have side effects. Since lawsuits have become a hobby the drug companies disclose every side effect that has ever occurred...even if it only occurred in a lab rat.

I try to stay from medications as much as possible. However, many of them are life saving so if you need them, thank God they' re available.

FYI...doctors do NOT get kickbacks from Drug companies.That's highly illegal and could lead to jail time for anyone caught doing it.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

they just have to list any literall possible side effect on there.For legal reasons.
    Of course..

anyways up up n away for med talk
    Last edited by drinknshoot; January 22nd, 2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: add on

Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner View Post
    Brother,
    If I can ever "stay up" for 4 hrs, I'm going door to door.
    "hey, ya'll.... look at this!!!"

dan
    If you stay "Up" more than 4 hours you will get gangrene and lose your little buddy in a horrible way. That's why the warning. No circulation of fresh blood.

If this happens might I suggest that you don't run around the neighborhood showing the results to neighbors. Especially at dinnertime.

My Uncle was taking anti-depressants and long story short, ended his own life a few years ago. That moment in my life ended all respect and faith in the pharmaceutical industry. It's ridiculous that they'll hand out a drug that will only make the condition much worse "if not properly observed" while on the drug.

The risk with anti-depressants is that they increase motivation faster than they get rid of the mental funk. If a person is in the doldrums and believes life is horrible (and always will be so), we somewhat rely on lethargy to prevent the suicide. However, the anti-depressants (if they work, which is for fewer people than we'd like) start to overcome the lethargy first. So, now we have someone believe that life sucks (and always will) because of their depression, but now they have the motivation to act. And so, suicide.

This 'perking up', energy wise (psychological energy, not physical energy) can be properly channeled to help someone recreate their life. But, it doesn't always work.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    My favorite has always been, "may cause anal leakage." Fancy wording for may poop your pants!
    Nasty...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JaySkiBum View Post
    My Uncle was taking anti-depressants and long story short, ended his own life a few years ago. That moment in my life ended all respect and faith in the pharmaceutical industry. It's ridiculous that they'll hand out a drug that will only make the condition much worse "if not properly observed" while on the drug.
    Very sorry for your loss...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

The scary part of this is that with the current efforts on Gun Control, and King O's push to let doctors ask about guns in the house doesn't lead to a slippery slope, it sends us right down it. If universal gun checks and gun registration passes, imagine what happens when a doctor that asks about guns in the house, then prescribes a medication that where the warning is that there is a change (however slight) that it may cause a bit of mental issues. Cross reference databases then...

What happens next?
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I laugh at the side effects of the hair-growth drug "Propecia", because one of them is reduced sex drive. So let me understand this - Your ego says you need more hair so, I can only guess, you'll consider yourself more attractive to the opposite sex. But the very drug you're taking to grow hair, to attract more women, also causes you not to be as interested in...sex?

"Ask your doctor if Propecia is right for you."
    I thought that propecia I had was a suppository....which explains my new ponytail...which is oddly enough in the same place on me as it was the pony.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

And with Obamacare, Meaningful Use, and the government requirement for all healthcare providers to transition to Electronic Health Records at some point in the next couple of years all of your prescriptions along with their potential side effects will be available at your trustworthy governments fingertips. I can see the new "universal background check" now. You are taking medication which can cause confusion, depression, and thoughts of harming yourself or others. You can't have a firearm. Turn them over. Let's see, your medical history says you have experienced confusion from your blood sugar dropping too low. I'll be taking your firearms now. You see how this works? It's all in the name of healthcare.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links