Heard this while having my morning coffee. Almost fell outta my chair.

This is a discussion on Heard this while having my morning coffee. Almost fell outta my chair. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So this is the kind of stuff Ike warned us about when he conceptualized the Military Industrial Complex....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Heard this while having my morning coffee. Almost fell outta my chair.

Re: Heard this while having my morning coffee. Almost fell outta my chair.

So this is the kind of stuff Ike warned us about when he conceptualized the Military Industrial Complex.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

2. Remove Ads

I used to work with at risk kids. We were always asked to pay a bit more attention if they switched any psychotropic meds. They can do some funny things. And in my 6 years of experience, they seem to be kind of all or nothing. You notice improvement or they simply don't work. And it changes from person to person. They never "kinda" worked. So if you keep pumping drugs into someone, and they don't have an issue that drugs will deal with; you're just asking for problems. Discipline and consistency did more for our kids than the drugs ever did. And living outside helped IMO.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I had an operation and the pain was bad. The dr gave me pain pills and sleeping pills. I took one sleeping pill and had the worst nightmares that I have ever had. The pills went into the trash the next day.

VIP Member
    This is an interesting drug-related article:

The giant, gaping hole in Sandy Hook reporting
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

My personal favorites are the Anti-Depression meds that have side effects of: Severe depression, Suicidal thoughts or feelings and the urge to harm others. What is in these anti-depression meds????

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    This is an interesting drug-related article:

The giant, gaping hole in Sandy Hook reporting

Yup, that's what I was afraid of. It would appear that some of these events could point to some prescription drug use as a possible cause for the bizarre actions taken by seemingly normal individuals. Not saying that that's the cause at all, just that if it's present it must be a variable to be evaluated, none the less.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

My dad used to take Ambien. Now, he was as sensible, hardworking and normal a guy as one could ever hope to meet, but on Ambien if he didn't, for whatever reason, fall asleep right away that dude would seriously wig out. And he'd get the munchies; never seen anyone eat half a box of cereal, a whole musk melon, and a least 2 or 3 pints of ice cream in one sitting. And he would talk crazy. We eventually got him off of it because we were afraid he'd burn the house down.

I am kind of wondering these days if the media and politicians are staying off the drug topic because they are even more well-funded than the NRA.

Guess I've got some letters and checks to write.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links