What are your thoughts about Ruger?

This is a discussion on What are your thoughts about Ruger? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think most people are aware of Rugerís statements such as * "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun." * "I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts about Ruger?

I think most people are aware of Rugerís statements such as
    * "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun."
    * "I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock."
    * "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."
    if you want to see more you can read this link.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=1143

I am thinking about buying a Ruger but I am still annoyed by his statements. How many others still have anti Ruger feelings now that the AWB has ended? I am thinking of buying this as my next gun and am wondering what others feel about buying Ruger products

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/291380

Ruger Old Army Cap and Ball Revolver 45 Caliber 7-1/2" Stainless Steel Barrel

Designed to be the most advanced and accurate percussion revolver ever made, the 45 Caliber Ruger Old Army features an innovative hammer and base pin assembly that will not come open during recoil. Because it can be disassembled without tools, cleaning and maintenance are quick and easy. This revolver has a round barrel, steel frame, 6-shot cylinder, fixed sights and two-piece grips.

Who am I to say his opinions are less than those I hold???

My only concern is that his pistols are reliable and that is about it. I have a few friends that have Ruger\'s and love them.

I already know what my next few purchases will be and no Ruger is not on the list. But that is no way based on the statements made. Aesthetically, their pistols do not make me go Ohhhh Ahhhh.

~A

DC Founder
    Ruger makes a really good gun, I wouldn\'t probably carry one daily. I believe Ruger investment casts all their large parts including frames, slides and such and I would rather have forged. For hunting or just shooting I would consider a Ruger but that\'s not what I do. As for their politics, the statements annoy me as well. I have a S&W that I have had for a long time but won\'t buy another one. Ruger may get added to that list...

What comments has S&W made?

~A

Originally posted by Bumper
    I have a S&W that I have had for a long time but won\'t buy another one. Ruger may get added to that list...

They (S&W) did a bunch of stuff when they were owned by the Brittish. They were bought back by Americans and they pretty much said they were sorry for what happened when they were owned by the Brittish. I didb\'t buy S&W products during the boycott but I have bought 6 S&Ws during the past couple of years. As far as I know Ruger never backed off from the statements that were made by Bill before he died.

Rugers dead and isnt running the company .. did it stop me from buying there guns no .. no one makes a tougher wheelie.. Sure i didnt agree with what he said but isnt gonna stop me .. granted i dont own a smith and have held there sell out against them for awhile ... but wont stop me from buying from them ...Ruger is one fo the largest gun makers do ya want um to go out of bizz like colt is trying to ...

Tc, wait till pics are allowed to be posted again and I get my new wheel. I think I might make you think twice about S&W wheels. :rock::O

~A

Originally posted by Tc300mag1
    Rugers dead and isnt running the company .. did it stop me from buying there guns no .. no one makes a tougher wheelie.. Sure i didnt agree with what he said but isnt gonna stop me .. granted i dont own a smith and have held there sell out against them for awhile ... but wont stop me from buying from them ...Ruger is one fo the largest gun makers do ya want um to go out of bizz like colt is trying to ...

Bill Ruger

Bill Ruger was a fine man and an excellent engineer. If I failed to talk to or due business with everyone I do not agree with, I believe life would get lonely.:(

I don\'t buy Colt. They stopped selling AR15\'s to the public to apease the anti gun lobby.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    My only real experience with a ruger was at a firing range. The guy in the next lane over had a .22 target pistol. 10 yards his goupings were very very impressive. He said he hadn\'t had it for long, but so far it had been trouble free.

Smith wheels never fit me ive owned 2 model 29s and prefer the super redhawk to them ... like i said my first smith wheelie might be the 4\" 500 soon i hope if i can get one ... i really love colt wheelies but the $$$$

I am greatly annoyed by Rugers statements. Although i would love to have one of their pistols because i think they look quite nice, i refuse to buy one because of Rugers position with guns. Not saying that Ruger is wrong to think the way he does, i just don\'t agree with it at all.

Pylon Ruger is dead feel free to buy

I\'ve got 4 Rugers, some are pistols, some are wheelers. The pistols are a bit \'thick'to carry IWB, so I don\'t. I must say that all of them are accurate, eat anything, moderately priced, and are tough as nails. I occasionally carry the SP101 as a BUG.

I bought a Ruger 500 series .357 a while back, sold it o my neighbor. I was a very solid wheelgun. Would I carry with my Ruger? Nah.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links