Colorado Bill to allow felons to have firearms?? - Page 5

Colorado Bill to allow felons to have firearms??

This is a discussion on Colorado Bill to allow felons to have firearms?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'd like to see this law repealed for several reasons. Gun Control Advocate (GDA): "We need thorough background checks for all gun purchases." Citizen: "Why?" ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Colorado Bill to allow felons to have firearms??

I'd like to see this law repealed for several reasons.

Gun Control Advocate (GDA): "We need thorough background checks for all gun purchases."
    Citizen: "Why?"
    GCA: "So that felons and the mentally ill don't obtain guns."
    Citizen: "Why don't you want them to have guns?"
    GCA: "Because they're dangerous."
    Citizen: "If they're dangerous, why aren't they locked up?"
    GCA: "Because then I wouldn't feel all warm and squishy inside."

Instead of keeping dangerous people locked up, we endanger everyone else by a) letting them run around loose, and b) creating paper trails of gun purchases that can be abused in the future.
    stanislaskasava and msgt/ret like this.

I think there's a pretty large gradient between where I wouldn't trust someone with a gun and where I think they should be locked up.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I think there's a pretty large gradient between where I wouldn't trust someone with a gun and where I think they should be locked up.
    I think you don't understand what 'rights' are...

Good thing there's a border so we can both be happy, eh?

Re: Colorado Bill to allow felons to have firearms??

As much as I am a supporter of the right to bear arms, I also think it's a privilege.If some one is a convicted felon I do not believe they should retain that privilege. I understand the difference between a violent felon and a tax fraud felon, but I do not believe courts or legislation can determine the difference or should.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

stanislaskasava: I was replying to blanco64.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Re: Colorado Bill to allow felons to have firearms??

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I understand the sentiment, but I think this is the essence of a free society. There are people I don't "trust" with a gun, because they are stupid, irresponsible, hot-tempered, or what have you, but I don't want the government making that decision. It's one of the risks we accept for being free.
    Last edited by blanco64; January 25th, 2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Change "exchange" to "accept"
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorcupcake View Post
    As much as I am a supporter of the right to bear arms, I also think it's a privilege.If some one is a convicted felon I do not believe they should retain that privilege. I understand the difference between a violent felon and a tax fraud felon, but I do not believe courts or legislation can determine the difference or should.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    A "right" is a "right" and is seen as gift from a higher power. (That can NOT be taken away!)

Granting "Privileges" on the other hand, implies something that is "granted" by the ruling class or "elite" of society. This makes a "privilege" much more susceptible to revocation by the ruling class. A "Right" is meant to protect the less fortunate and most vulnerable in a society; making a "Right" something that is protected from a tyrannical ruling class.

The 2nd AM is NOT a privilege!

It is a RIGHT!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links