Went To Academy Yeaterday

This is a discussion on Went To Academy Yeaterday within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Spartanburg SC store. Gun display cases and back wall were FULL ! Prices seemed reasonable. Ammo shelves were empty, what ammo they had was moved ...

Thread: Went To Academy Yeaterday

Went To Academy Yeaterday

Spartanburg SC store.

Gun display cases and back wall were FULL ! Prices seemed reasonable.

Ammo shelves were empty, what ammo they had was moved to the Customer Service Desk.
    Overheard one man say they had a few boxes of 5.56 earlier but they may be gone. I didn't
    see any but some .40, .45 and some SD ammo. What's with this Zombie stuff anyway ???

One box per customer limit was the rule rather than jacking the price out of sight. I did
    comment that was the way to keep their customer base.

Picked up an UpLULA mag loader, last one in stock btw. Was shocked to find no cartridge
    cases for my .45 reloads. They had a few in rifle calibers and that was it.

FWIW ... they expect a truck delivery today that may have some ammo so if you're in the
    neighborhood you might want to check it out.

Used the COLD weather to finish reloading my .40 and .45 brass so I'm all caught up for now.
    Temps below freezing this morning so don't think I'll be going to our outdoor range today !!!

Have a good one ...
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

2. Remove Ads

The one box a day thing irks me. When I read that sign I lost it. I did not say anything to anyone I just left the store and I will not waste my time for one box of ammo a day. that would be just 20 rounds of 223. Not even enough to load the gun one time. As far as price goes the last time I was there( the time before they went to one box a day) the clerk was more than doubling the price on .40's and laughing about it. He said this stuff just went up by 50.00.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Well its a start.

Links