Any good hard plastic holsters for p99

This is a discussion on Any good hard plastic holsters for p99 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; or a high-ride nylon one?...

Thread: Any good hard plastic holsters for p99

Any good hard plastic holsters for p99

or a high-ride nylon one?

2. Remove Ads

"Good" and nylon probably don't belong in the same sentence. Are you wanting something that is injection molded plastic? Or do you mean kydex? What position are you planning on carrying?

Austin

well i'm more looking for a blackhawk plastic one. i have used one before and think it's fantastic for OC/at the range. I like the button release. can't seem to find something for p99

I see - I believe Fobus makes some with the trigger finger release you are describing on the Blackhawk! SERPA. I'm not a fan.

For a quality retention holster that doesn't involve pushing your trigger finger inward while drawing, look at the Safariland ALS line.

If you want a thermoplastic holster, look at Blade-Tech - I know they make some that are plastic instead of Kydex.

For Kydex, CustomCarryConcepts.com, Comp-Tac, DaleFrickeHolsters.com, etc... there are many options.

Austin

IMI-Z1350-Walther P99 Polymer Retention Holster

While I'd prefer a U.S. made solution I was having a hard time finding a polymer retention holster for my PPQ. I found the above company in Israel, and they aren't exactly strangers to conflict or the need for good hardware. A youtube review sealed the deal, and I got mine after a couple of weeks. They also manufacture one for the P99, and that's the link I gave you.

I've been very pleased with their PPQ holster, the release button is perfectly located to have the finger ride up just above the trigger guard, and overall the construction seems plenty solid. The firearm sits securely in the holster, and locks firmly into place with the retention tab.

My only complaint is that on the paddle attachment it does push the gun out a bit. There is a single point where the belt attachment connects to the holster, and while it's easy to use and quick to adjust, it does push the gun out a few millimeters. This may not seem like much, but if your belt isn't tight, it can cause the gun to tilt outward a small amount, which can be annoying. The non-paddle attachment doesn't have this issue, but the quality of your belt will impact that too.

thanks for this.

Links