Might be losing my first AR15,

This is a discussion on Might be losing my first AR15, within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I just put together a piston upper for one of my AR15's when a friend called from the Bike Shop and said the owner ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 3 Post By Stevew
  • 1 Post By AZ_Larz_NY
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: Might be losing my first AR15,

Might be losing my first AR15,

Well I just put together a piston upper for one of my AR15's when a friend called from the Bike Shop and said the owner was looking for an AR15 which made me break out in uncontrollable laughter until he said he would fix my bike in exchange for a gun.
    My 750 shadow developed an engine noise and could very likely lead to getting a different engine.I know if it needs an engine it's gonna be over $1000 and I got a Commando style A2 upper 19.5" bbl with attached 5.5" flash hider on a Double star lower that I built for about $650.10 years ago.I have 4 stripped lowers on hand and 3 other AR's in different configurations and an AR10. I really miss riding and think if he wants to trade then I'm gonna have to let my baby go
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    As long as you have all the extra parts to set up a new AR, I would get the bike runnin' again. $650 for a new engine would be a good deal. Hope it works out for 'ya.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

You have more than one, be thankful that you can spare one to take care of your bike!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

With the price some folks are paying for ARs you might want to check out new Goldwings.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Good luck

Really, you might be able to sell it for much more, then pay to have your bike fixed and have some extra cash. Do some research before you trade even.

Be safe!
    crossfireltd likes this.
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Ars are pushing $2000 in some areas. Maybe a trade and some cash boot will be in order. Hope you get your bike running. I also love riding but I do mine offroad.

Yeah I could sell it for more money,but it's not always about the money,these guys always treated me fair at the shop.
    One of my friends was there and the owner asked him If I had any for sell.I figure I will get a fair trade he will get an AR15 fairly reasonable,I will get my bike going,and I just finished a new Piston AR that will be my new HD/SD gun once I run some rounds thru it.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well since the motorcycle is more dangerous than the AR15, I'd say be safe and keep the AR.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

+1 to the cost of AR's today versus fixing the engine. If you do make the trade, make sure it is for the AR only - keep the ammo for your others. Today, AR's are far safer than any vehicle on the road, especially mine since I can't find the ammo for it.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    He'll probably jump right on it, since he's had a 750 engine in the back room for the last 7 years, waiting for someone willing to pay his price.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

SOOOOo many people are selling there Ak/AR type weapons...now
    Because there afraid there just going to get them taking away and theyll be illegal to have or whatnot..
    There alllll over Armslist

VIP Member
    Buy low, sell high. I'd do it.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Links