Why does anyone Need an "assault" weapon? MrColionNoir

This is a discussion on Why does anyone Need an "assault" weapon? MrColionNoir within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why does anyone need an assault weapon ... MrColionNoir @ Youtube . Tellin' like it is. I love this guy's no-nonsense take on things....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Why does anyone Need an "assault" weapon? MrColionNoir

Thumbs up Why does anyone Need an "assault" weapon? MrColionNoir

Why does anyone need an assault weapon ... MrColionNoir @ Youtube.

Tellin' like it is. I love this guy's no-nonsense take on things.
    mano3, Noobie, BurgerBoy and 6 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

This guy is awesome! He has a lot of videos on youtube and his on how to stop mass shootings hits it perfectly.

He is such a boss, like this guy a lot.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Why does anyone Need an "assault" weapon? MrColionNoir

"...or Bing it if you're nasty."

This made me laugh.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Agreed, he tells it like it is, I'll have to check out his other videos
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

This guy has good videos. I have seen a few and want to view more. Just wish the rest of America felt the same way.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

I'm subscribed to his channel. He even does reviews of the walking dead lol. We need to get him on here. He has a ay of phrasing things

he has an account just does not post or goes to this site frequently

watched a few of his video's and was very impressed on how he presented the material without being too confrontational or outright name calling that is used by the opposition. This guy needs to be facing the anti-gunners on t.v. He comes across as very likeable, intelligent, and not confrontational. Very plain spoken. Like it a lot. Also he needs to post on here more often......lol

MrColionNoir is one my favorite Youtube channels.....like his delivery style. He nailed it with this vid.

Him, Hickock, Quinn and Sturmgewere are my go-to guys for gun-related youtube vids.

Mr. Colion Noir definately needs to do the news appearences. He presents the truth in a clear and calm manner.

Senior Moderator
    It was an excellent video; but, unless I missed this, he left out an important point - the 2A is not about need; the 2A protects the right to be armed. The 2A says nothing about sporting, competition, or even self-defense; it was written to protect the right to bear arms. It was not written to create the right, it was written in acknowledgement that the right to bear arms already exists and to protect that right.

But, in reality, rights are not black and white, but shades of gray. E.g. Even with the 1A there are things we can't say and things we can't say in certain circumstances. Considering the rights protected by the 2A, should I have the right to own an electric chain gun? A mortar? Hand grenades? How about a tank?

And that's where some of our opponents are coming from - just what types of weapons does the 2A give us the right to own and carry?

Personally, I believe suppressors, full auto rifles and carbines, short-barreled rifles and shotguns are perfectly reasonable for citizens. Although, perhaps ownership and carry/use should be considered differently. Certainly there is more responsibility required for full auto weapons than semi-autos because they can do so much so fast. At my outdoor range, a guy let a full auto rise and a bullet went over the high backstop and wounded a homeowner. It almost closed the range. In response, the range disallows full auto UNLESS a full auto rangemaster is present, OR the shooter is full auto qualified.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Even with the 1A there are things we can't say and things we can't say in certain circumstances.
    My view is a bit unfashionable these days. But there it is.

I'd argue those things aren't infringements on the 1A, but rather acknowledgment of the coequal right of others not to be free from material harm or impending threat of harm via having such things. Merely having such words doesn't constitute harm. Committing harm with those words does.

Considering the rights protected by the 2A, should I have the right to own an electric chain gun? A mortar? Hand grenades? How about a tank?
    IMO, yes you should. As with the 1A, with the 2A RKBA goes the coequal right of others not to be free from material harm or impending threat of harm via having such things. And, merely having such things doesn't constitute harm.

The only time at which people have a firm interest in a person's stuff is when it's harming (or about to harm) others. I can see why the government, as an entity, disdains well-armed people. I can appreciate why they really fear heavily-armed people. And that's the whole point: being armed to the degree a person sees fit, so long as the person doesn't actually unjustifiably harm others in the process. Until such a point, frankly I don't buy the argument that there's any actual interest in criminalizing possession of such things.
    Bark'n likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    My view is a bit unfashionable these days. But there it is.

I'd argue those things aren't infringements on the 1A, but rather acknowledgment of the coequal right of others not to be free from material harm or impending threat of harm via having such things. Merely having such words doesn't constitute harm. Committing harm with those words does.
    It is the destructive potential that is of concerned. Words can hurt in many ways, a mishandled explosive device, be it a hand grenade, mortar, etc. represents a potential danger to society.

IMO, yes you should. As with the 1A, with the 2A RKBA goes the coequal right of others not to be free from material harm or impending threat of harm via having such things. And, merely having such things doesn't constitute harm.
    Owning weapons that can do what mortars, grenades, and C4 can do does constitute potential harm to the general public.

...Until such a point, frankly I don't buy the argument that there's any actual interest in criminalizing possession of such things.
    So you believe a citizen should be able to own any kind of weapon regardless of it's destructive power?
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

So you believe a citizen should be able to own any kind of weapon regardless of it's destructive power?
    Destructive potential.

Those are risks, not threats. I distinguish between the two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links