Easily moved table for the shooting range

This is a discussion on Easily moved table for the shooting range within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Range table-1.JPG Range table-2.JPG Range table-1.JPG Range table-2.JPG I had been needing a easily moved range table for years and when it was raining a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bear67

Thread: Easily moved table for the shooting range

Easily moved table for the shooting range

Range table-1.JPGRange table-2.JPGRange table-1.JPGRange table-2.JPG

I had been needing a easily moved range table for years and when it was raining a couple of weeks ago, I spent quality time in the shop and built this. It uses scrap tubing out of my "spare parts repository" and I only had to buy one 2x8 CCA treated board. I used 2 old lawn mower wheels for the front and put a pivot on a piece of 1" tubing where you can swing 2 handles up in the rear and "wheelbarrow" it up and down the range. It will stand the weather fine. I built it with only a right hand angle, but today we mounted a couple of scopes and my wrong handed friend (left handed) just turned the table to the right angle. The stool is sucker rod, washers on bottom and is a cultivator seat off of a Minneapolis Moline implement and it swivels 360.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I love it. How much does it weigh and how easy is it to transport?

That's far more elaborate than my range table:
    Mainstays 5' Fold-In-Half Table, Plastic Top Folding Table, Lightweight Folding Table

With the wood top, it weighs close to 100 pounds, but it is easy to roll with the front wheels and handles. It should be loadable in a pickup in case I need to take it to the other range where we have backstops out to 600 yds. The galvanized tubing is.084 so is fairly light. I am on my way to the farm to use it right now.

Links