Wally World and ammo limits - Page 2

Wally World and ammo limits

This is a discussion on Wally World and ammo limits within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We're in Walmart once or twice a week - honestly, EVERYTIME we've been in there for the last month or so, the shelves are bare. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Wally World and ammo limits

We're in Walmart once or twice a week - honestly, EVERYTIME we've been in there for the last month or so, the shelves are bare. Not low, but empty. I went to the Walmart the next town over only to realize they don't even have an ammo section. :( My LGS which is a chain has all ammo most of the time, but I'm really missing my $10 cheap stuff - my gun doesn't care what it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I'd be thrilled if my Walmart had ANY ammo in stock, even if I could only get 3 boxes....
    This!!! I stopped by last Satuday and was greeted by empty shelves unless I wanted 410 or 45 LC. Everything else was gone.

A friend of mine works at Walmart and told me the other day that Walmart is considering to stop selling all ammo. We gun owners are now being treated like two headed monsters not only by the government but by the general public as well.
    "I'm not IN danger Skyler, I AM the danger!"

I thought they had already quit selling ammo? I quit checking after reading that they had. Maybe I need to go back and try agian.

My Wal-Mart closes at 12:00 am :(

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttt I already have about 1000 rounds of every ammo that my guns take :) but who ever has enough ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Here is the sign at my local Walmart
    Attachment 67241

The local Walmart here is also creating a database of gun owners...they are asking for I.D. so they can enter your personal information into their system so they can monitor who bought what type and quantity of ammo and when you bought it.

My family will never shop at Walmart again.

Attachment 67242
    Did you ask why and if it is mandatory when other WW are not? I'd at least ask for that.

I had an issue at Sports Authority last week when I bought ammo. They also asked for ID and I refused to provide name/address info. I verbally gave them my birthdate (I'm 61) and they were satisfied afterward. I walked out with my ammo... I did see the birthdate on my receipt...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

I was at our local Wally World last night and lucked out. They were just unpacking a couple of cases of various types. I got my 3 boxes, and then came back first thing in the morning for 3 more. Still had quite a few holes in their normal inventory. It appears they get various mixes in at random times.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Wal-Mart has not stopped selling ammo. I took this picture at a Wal-Mart in Lexington, KY (Hamburg) last week.

I was at Wal-Mart (in a different town) today and they told me they're getting an ammo shipment on Sunday.

Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Here is the sign at my local Walmart
    Attachment 67241

The local Walmart here is also creating a database of gun owners...they are asking for I.D. so they can enter your personal information into their system so they can monitor who bought what type and quantity of ammo and when you bought it.

My family will never shop at Walmart again.

Attachment 67242
    I haven't tried to purchase any ammo lately, but rest assured as the sun rises, they will not like my response they will indeed receive.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Local authorities know what ww is doing so they'll ask for copies .I stopped shopping there because after ammo everything else comes from China.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    Did you ask why and if it is mandatory when other WW are not? I'd at least ask for that.

I had an issue at Sports Authority last week when I bought ammo. They also asked for ID and I refused to provide name/address info. I verbally gave them my birthdate (I'm 61) and they were satisfied afterward. I walked out with my ammo... I did see the birthdate on my receipt...
    Here is the condensed version:

I had them get the store manager and it became a bit of a scene when 3 "managers" showed up to tell me that they are just following the corporate policy and flat out refused to process a cash sale unless I show them my I.D. and allow them to enter my information into the computer. I asked them to show me the specific law which would require me to show proof of identification when making a cash purchase of ammunition. "It's our policy" was their response.

I held the cash in my hand, pointed at the 3 boxes of ammo and said I'd like to purchase those and the law does not require me to identify myself prior to making the purchase. Are you refusing to process this cash transaction if I don't show you my identification and give you permission to enter my personal information into your computer's database? Their response was, We have to follow the company policy so if you refuse to show I.D. we can't process the transaction.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by btolle View Post
    I could be in luck since my wife goes to W-M at least 3 or 4 times a week. Need to give her the end flap from several ammo boxes to tape on her shopping list so she knows what to look for.
    Or, take a pic of the boxes with her phone, this way she always has them with her.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post

Any ammo I buy, I have been buying with cash to avoid the paper trail I am concerned out government may be making.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I don't understand the rationale of limiting sales. The whole idea of retail sales is to sell everything and re-stock.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I used to be one of those Wallyworld hoarders. Hey, you can never have enough but today on my runs I was able to snag 600 rounds (3 boxes each from 2 stores) of 100rd 9mm Federal. The 3 box limit I have no issue with. I think it helps those who wish to buy some to be able to now more easily. I have more than enough ammo now and I am glad, they raised the 50rd box 1.00 more here. I hope they keep stocking it regularly, stock up and be safe all..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links