Wally World and ammo limits - Page 3

Wally World and ammo limits

This is a discussion on Wally World and ammo limits within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Our WW has not asked for ID when purchasing ammo so I doubt it's a Corp policy. It's probably something they made up just to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Wally World and ammo limits

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Our WW has not asked for ID when purchasing ammo so I doubt it's a Corp policy. It's probably something they made up just to give people a hard time.
    cmdrdredd likes this.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Here is the sign at my local Walmart
    Attachment 67241
    The local Walmart here is also creating a database of gun owners...they are asking for I.D. so they can enter your personal information into their system so they can monitor who bought what type and quantity of ammo and when you bought it. My family will never shop at Walmart again.Attachment 67242
    A limit on how many boxes you can buy is one thing, as it WILL prevent someone who can afford to buy up everything they have all in one visit, like say a dealer. Then they jacking up the price and re-sell it in their store at five-times the price. At least that way we can all get a taste.

They used to have a limit awhile back but rescinded it. So with the current feeding frenzy seems like their trying to keep it all fair. Everyone gets a little instead of a very few getting a lot. But what-ever they are staring to trickle out hasn't made it to the two WW's in my area...yet.

But creating a list and DEMANDING YOUR I.D. so they can enter your personal information into their system, just so they can monitor who bought what type and quantity of ammo and when you bought it. Or they will not sell you any is totally out of the question!!

Then they can use it at will to do with it what-ever they please
    rcj50 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Larz_NY View Post
    Any ammo I buy, I have been buying with cash to avoid the paper trail I am concerned out government may be making.
    Be safe!
    Not only is that a possibility but, check your receipts if you charge anything anywhere. As their is a new law that is about to go into effect, that any credit card transactions can included up-to a $4.00 fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    Local authorities know what ww is doing so they'll ask for copies .I stopped shopping there because after ammo everything else comes from China.
    lol I gave up everything comes from China. I'm pretty sure that knife I got from NRA says made in China. :(
    revldm and rcj50 like this.

One of my local stores doesn't care but has nothing. Other has some but the 3 box limit. I'll take that, although no .45acp to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Here is the sign at my local Walmart
    Attachment 67241

The local Walmart here is also creating a database of gun owners...they are asking for I.D. so they can enter your personal information into their system so they can monitor who bought what type and quantity of ammo and when you bought it.

My family will never shop at Walmart again.

Attachment 67242
    Er...they always check my ID and they check it and punch the DOB in. That's all, I watched them do it. I'm 31 but people say I look under 20 so I always get ID checked anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Not only is that a possibility but, check your receipts if you charge anything anywhere. As their is a new law that is about to go into effect, that any credit card transactions can included up-to a $4.00 fee.
    Retailers complained that they are charged fees from banks and they can't recoup costs from customers. A judge ruled they can. 10 states have prohibited retailers from passing the fees on to you. They are Massachusetts, Maine, Florida, Connecticut, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, California and Colorado.

So if you are in one of those states, you will not get the fee. Elsewhere, you can be charged up to 4%. It doesn't include debit card purchases as far as I know.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

After seeing this post I went to Wal-Mart today hoping to find some ammo............. lol still nothing. They do have the sign up that you all mentioned. I didn't want to leave with nothing so I bought 1 of the 5 boxes left of 157 grain .38 federal to shoot through my 357 at some point. All they really had was a handful of .17, .22 short, and a mix of rifle rounds except .223. I didn't get asked for me I.D ether. Although the person working at the sporting goods counter was clearly one of those doped up 19 year olds they through there for the less than desirable shifts. So it is possible he just didn't ask...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links