Defensive Carry banner

Wally World and ammo limits

4K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  031131 
#1 ·
I stopped by my local WW tonight like I do every day looking for 9mm ammo and low and behold they had some :danceban:. I start to drool and am counting the boxes and figuring how much it is going to cost me and that's when I seen it :yup:. They now have a sign up stating that due to the high demand of ammo that they are limiting customers to 3 boxes of ammo per day. Well if this isn't a slap to the :slap: . I find a sales associate and let him know that I want to grab some boxes of ammo, all good, he breaks out the keys opens the case and grabs me 3 boxes of ammo. As he rings me up I look at the time on my cell to see if I still had time to hit the gym and it says 11:55pm and a little light goes off in my head. He asks if I need anything else and I say with a smile not at this minute but in two minutes I will need you again. He looks at me with a puzzled look on his face and say Ooooookay. Now it's 12:01 and that means Thursday is over and now it's Friday :danceban:. I look at him and say, I would like to get 3 more boxes of ammo and he gets this grin on his face and says ohhhh your good. I got 6 boxes of ammo within 10 minutes and was on my way. Take that Wally World, I beat you at your own game :nananana:.

#10 ·
My local Wally had a 6 box limit, but it has been lowered to 3 lately. I stopped in yesterday to pick up some 30-06 and saw the new limit. The guy would only let me have 1 box of 30-06 and 2 boxes of .22lr. I figured the hunting ammo wasn't in demand since they had plenty of it. I did get a box of 12ga and he said that didn't apply to the 3 box limit. It's a pain when you're wanting to pick up ammo for several guns, but I guess it's good that more people get a chance at getting some. A Wally 30 min away got some .223 in a couple days ago and it was $8 per box. It didn't last long.

#12 ·
Last time I was at WW the only thing they had was rifle ammo and a few boxes if birdshot shotgun shells. Might have to check again.

#15 ·
Here is the sign at my local Walmart
Text Font Signage Label

The local Walmart here is also creating a database of gun owners...they are asking for I.D. so they can enter your personal information into their system so they can monitor who bought what type and quantity of ammo and when you bought it.

My family will never shop at Walmart again.

Reactions: Cook74
#21 ·
Here is the sign at my local Walmart
View attachment 67241

The local Walmart here is also creating a database of gun owners...they are asking for I.D. so they can enter your personal information into their system so they can monitor who bought what type and quantity of ammo and when you bought it.

My family will never shop at Walmart again.

View attachment 67242
Did you ask why and if it is mandatory when other WW are not? I'd at least ask for that.

I had an issue at Sports Authority last week when I bought ammo. They also asked for ID and I refused to provide name/address info. I verbally gave them my birthdate (I'm 61) and they were satisfied afterward. I walked out with my ammo... I did see the birthdate on my receipt...

#16 ·
We're in Walmart once or twice a week - honestly, EVERYTIME we've been in there for the last month or so, the shelves are bare. Not low, but empty. I went to the Walmart the next town over only to realize they don't even have an ammo section. :( My LGS which is a chain has all ammo most of the time, but I'm really missing my $10 cheap stuff - my gun doesn't care what it shoots.

#18 ·
A friend of mine works at Walmart and told me the other day that Walmart is considering to stop selling all ammo. We gun owners are now being treated like two headed monsters not only by the government but by the general public as well. :mad:

#22 ·
I was at our local Wally World last night and lucked out. They were just unpacking a couple of cases of various types. I got my 3 boxes, and then came back first thing in the morning for 3 more. Still had quite a few holes in their normal inventory. It appears they get various mixes in at random times.

#30 ·
I used to be one of those Wallyworld hoarders. Hey, you can never have enough but today on my runs I was able to snag 600 rounds (3 boxes each from 2 stores) of 100rd 9mm Federal. The 3 box limit I have no issue with. I think it helps those who wish to buy some to be able to now more easily. I have more than enough ammo now and I am glad, they raised the 50rd box 1.00 more here. I hope they keep stocking it regularly, stock up and be safe all..

#36 ·
After seeing this post I went to Wal-Mart today hoping to find some ammo............. lol still nothing. They do have the sign up that you all mentioned. I didn't want to leave with nothing so I bought 1 of the 5 boxes left of 157 grain .38 federal to shoot through my 357 at some point. All they really had was a handful of .17, .22 short, and a mix of rifle rounds except .223. I didn't get asked for me I.D ether. Although the person working at the sporting goods counter was clearly one of those doped up 19 year olds they through there for the less than desirable shifts. So it is possible he just didn't ask...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.