Wally World and ammo limits

This is a discussion on Wally World and ammo limits within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I stopped by my local WW tonight like I do every day looking for 9mm ammo and low and behold they had some . I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Wally World and ammo limits

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar

I stopped by my local WW tonight like I do every day looking for 9mm ammo and low and behold they had some . I start to drool and am counting the boxes and figuring how much it is going to cost me and that's when I seen it . They now have a sign up stating that due to the high demand of ammo that they are limiting customers to 3 boxes of ammo per day. Well if this isn't a slap to the . I find a sales associate and let him know that I want to grab some boxes of ammo, all good, he breaks out the keys opens the case and grabs me 3 boxes of ammo. As he rings me up I look at the time on my cell to see if I still had time to hit the gym and it says 11:55pm and a little light goes off in my head. He asks if I need anything else and I say with a smile not at this minute but in two minutes I will need you again. He looks at me with a puzzled look on his face and say Ooooookay. Now it's 12:01 and that means Thursday is over and now it's Friday . I look at him and say, I would like to get 3 more boxes of ammo and he gets this grin on his face and says ohhhh your good. I got 6 boxes of ammo within 10 minutes and was on my way. Take that Wally World, I beat you at your own game .

2. Remove Ads

Got that in Washington too. It's store by store. My local one doesn't care, but others in the area have six boxes a day per customer

I'm all for that, before some of the local shooting establishments were buying everything and then reselling it in their own biz at about double. At least the everyday guy gets a chance to get a few boxes now.
    First Sgt, airslot and Tangle like this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Nice. Very well played OP
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    I'm all for that, before some of the local shooting establishments were buying everything and then reselling it in their own biz at about double. At least the everyday guy gets a chance to get a few boxes now.
    I get that, but it is bs to do that. Find a wholesale dealer online. I know a few whole sell to ranges, so that's unnecessary

Well, you STILL only get 3 boxes per day, so at the end of the week you still have the same amount. All you did was do it in half the trips.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

VIP Member
    No worries at my local Walmart, which seldom has one box of what I am looking for, let alone more than three.
    Tangle likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I'd be thrilled if my Walmart had ANY ammo in stock, even if I could only get 3 boxes....
    mano3 and CDW4ME like this.

They will be getting more ammo in soon

My local Wally had a 6 box limit, but it has been lowered to 3 lately. I stopped in yesterday to pick up some 30-06 and saw the new limit. The guy would only let me have 1 box of 30-06 and 2 boxes of .22lr. I figured the hunting ammo wasn't in demand since they had plenty of it. I did get a box of 12ga and he said that didn't apply to the 3 box limit. It's a pain when you're wanting to pick up ammo for several guns, but I guess it's good that more people get a chance at getting some. A Wally 30 min away got some .223 in a couple days ago and it was $8 per box. It didn't last long.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

I could be in luck since my wife goes to W-M at least 3 or 4 times a week. Need to give her the end flap from several ammo boxes to tape on her shopping list so she knows what to look for.
    Cook74 and nontechguy like this.
    NRA Life Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership Member
    Tea Party Member

VIP Member
    Last time I was at WW the only thing they had was rifle ammo and a few boxes if birdshot shotgun shells. Might have to check again.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    My Wal-Mart has been wiped out.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Ran into the same thing at the walmart here yesterday. Was not much left here to choose from but did get 3 boxes of .45's.
    Just glad to see they had something on the shelves!

Here is the sign at my local Walmart
    Walmart ammo.jpg

The local Walmart here is also creating a database of gun owners...they are asking for I.D. so they can enter your personal information into their system so they can monitor who bought what type and quantity of ammo and when you bought it.

My family will never shop at Walmart again.

line-in-the-sand.jpg
    Cook74 likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links