Recommendation for 9mm $300-400

This is a discussion on Recommendation for 9mm $300-400 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am new to the sport/hobby. I know handguns are hard to get at the moment, however the only way I am going to be ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for 9mm $300-400

I am new to the sport/hobby. I know handguns are hard to get at the moment, however the only way I am going to be able to shoot on a regular basis and and learn is to actually have one.

I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 plus for my wife. I am looking for a 9mm. I have had some great recommendations (Ruger SR9C, Ruger P95,Taurus 24/7-9SSP17
    S&W SD9VE) however NONE are available anywhere! Very frustrating. Buds has a lot of stuff, however none of these weapons.

I am looking for a 9mm, concelaed carry is not so important at this point, just need to have something to learn with. I see a lot of Taurus' on the Buds site that are available, but have not heard a lot on any of them.

Can anyone help? I am kind of at a loss at the moment.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

how about a used 2nd Gen glock 19. great gun and there are quite a few available because they are police trade in's. or a used 3rd gen glock. if you could up your price range $75 you would have quite a few more options
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

I could up it however I can't find anything for sale, local or online. That is my frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    I am looking for a 9mm, concelaed carry is not so important at this point, just need to have something to learn with.
    If you "just need something to learn with," then you should probably be open to purchasing sight-unseen.

Check GunBroker, GunsAmerica, EliteDealSeeker.com, and the other auction/classifieds type web sites. There, you'll find plenty of firearms for sale.

I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 plus for my wife. I am looking for a 9mm. I have had some great recommendations (Ruger SR9C, Ruger P95,Taurus 24/7-9SSP17 S&W SD9VE) however NONE are available anywhere!
    Bersa Thunder Pro, Thunder Pro Ultra Carry, BP Concealed Carry -- all of these are good options.

Check out the third-generation Smith & Wesson pistols -- 3900 series, 5900 series, 6900 series, 4500 series, 900 series (several variants in the series, for each of these). For example the S&W 3953 DAO 9mm (@ Robertson's Trading Post, GunsAmerica). Or, the previously-mentioned Glock 19 or Glock 17 police trade-ins. Though trade-ins often will have night sights that are toast (or nearly so), they'll be well broken-in and reasonably well maintained. Good way to get a great gun at fairly decent prices. Note that the third-gen pistols are discontinued, but there are plenty of gunsmiths out there who know the line well, plenty of spares and parts available, and a robust resale market.

Might even be able to find a CZ 75 series pistol for $300-400. They come around now and then.

There are also some 9mm revolvers out there. Such as, the Model 940, Model 547, etc.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would definitely look for a used glock in that price range if you can find one. I would prefer a used glock to a new taurus JMO. It may be a little harder to find a good selection of options at a gun store with all of the buying going on right now but be patient and keep your eyes open.

I know I got a kahr cm9 within that price range but it's a CC gun which many pocket carry. Great gun but may not fit what you are looking for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    how about a used 2nd Gen glock 19. great gun and there are quite a few available because they are police trade in's. or a used 3rd gen glock. if you could up your price range $75 you would have quite a few more options
    Is there a good site for police trade-ins? We don't have many shops that get the trade-ins locally?
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

J&G Sales gets a lot of police trade-ins for Glock, Sig, Beretta and older S&W revolvers.

NMB
    I would save up the 400$, then wait another couple of months and buy something in the 5-600$ range.

That will open up a lot more options for you. Personally I would avoid Taurus.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

The Ruger LC9 fits in that price range, but as NMB said, I would wait a little longer and save up for something you really want.

Re: Recommendation for 9mm $300-400

I love my SR9C! And it came with a 10 & 17 RD mag.

Quote Originally Posted by DandLfam View Post
    Is there a good site for police trade-ins? We don't have many shops that get the trade-ins locally?
    Some places to contact ...

Craig's Firearm Supply

Summit Gun Broker

SOG International

Robertson Trading Post deals with police trade-ins, via their listings on GunsAmerica.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I appreciate all of the responses. I can do $600 now but again, where? There's none of the options that have been suggested available from what I can see. Frustrated. I guess I need to keep looking.

Fla
    I have the Taurus 709. Shoots great, eats every thing I feed it. Lifetime warranty of the gun not the owner. Love mine. Trick is strip and clean it out of the box. The packing grease they put in will cause problems if not cleaned. After cleaned I used Frog Lube and have had no problems.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    I appreciate all of the responses. I can do $600 now but again, where? There's none of the options that have been suggested available from what I can see. Frustrated. I guess I need to keep looking.
    Cabela's has the Walther PPQ on sale for $599. Order it here Cabela's: Walther® PPQ Centerfire Pistols and pick it up at your local Cabela's.

The Walther PPQ is an excellent handgun...awesome trigger...reliable...well made...I carry one every day.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Sig Saur 2022, Got mine for $387, and is to date the best gun Ive owned.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links