Need help with a FB response

This is a discussion on Need help with a FB response within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ask if they think police need assault weapons and they always say yes. Well the police are dealing with the exact same scum bags ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Need help with a FB response

I ask if they think police need assault weapons and they always say yes. Well the police are dealing with the exact same scum bags that we are. Shouldn't the public have access to the same weapons?

2. Remove Ads

Why does anyone need an assault rifle/weapon?

One word... China!

As long as we owe China more money than we can afford to pay back, China remains a viable threat. If China ever decides they want to invade our mainland, it will take every able bodied American citizen to have any hope of repelling their invasion.

Every nation on earth has a large percentage of their population who would rather surrender than to fight for what they have. I'm not one of those people.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

One word... China!

As long as we owe China more money than we can afford to pay back, China remains a viable threat. If China ever decides they want to invade our mainland, it will take every able bodied American citizen to have any hope of repelling their invasion.

Every nation on earth has a large percentage of their population who would rather surrender than to fight for what they have. I'm not one of those people.
    I think for China to defeat us they would stop lending us money and call in our debts. But anyhoo, on topic-there is one reason and one reason only to have guns. We are not denied them in the Constitution. All the other arguements continue a pointless debate IMO. I think that is where the -fail- comes when pro 2A folks talk to anti 2A folks. It turns into a debate about crime percentages, who;s stats are more accurate, arguments about who is right on a meta physical level...et al.

If I choose to talk to an anti about the Constitution I just ask them to provide quotes and papers and documents written by any of the signers of the Constitution that shows that they would not want us to have arms comparable to what was available to the soldiers of the day (AR-15 arguement). They can not. They will then start bringing up all of the previous interesting debate points which has nothing to do with the one and only reason we have a right to bear arms- the Constitution
    highvoltage likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

One word... China!

My late father would say (in the 70s) that the USSR was not the country the USA should fear, but China would be the largest threat in the future. I believe he was right.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

atctimmy, I stumbled upon this earlier today. It is long, but one of the most well-written responses I've seen to "Why do we need Assault Rifles". Might be some ideas in there as well. I won't post any of the article due to the length but it is worth a read.

“Why do you need ‘assault rifles’ or ‘high-capacity’ magazines?”
    By Rob Olive

From Here (First article as of Saturday night, giving Western Rifle Shooters credit for the link)

Western Rifle Shooters Association | Registration. Confiscation. Extermination.

It links to here, which is the full article:

Why do you need "assault rifles" and "high-capacity" magazines?

Always worth the shot. I stopped discussing it with idiots. Or maybe they stopped responding. It seems that she didnt really care about a reasonable response that didn't have you caving to her side. Im with Smitty and many others, it isn't a need. I love the argument that they are made to kill and should thus be restricted. If so, cars that kill so many more, yet aren't made for killing must be destroyed immediately. As we know with "those people" it is not logic or reason they want.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    Maybe you need another friend. Since they don't see your point then why waste your time explaining what you have/want to them.
    I don't have any "friends" on Facebook that aren't real friends or family. This friend is a very old and dear friend. We go back about 25 years and she isn't a hard core anti jackwagon. She's just misinformed. I'd bet 20 bucks that if she ever comes to visit she'll change her tune. After a trip to the range, that is.

As I said, we go back a long way and we have a deep respect for each other. It was worth the 5 minutes of my time to try and win her over. Even if I didn't win her over, I have cast some suspicion on what MSNBC has been selling her. Rome wasn't built in a day and most people don't change their minds in the middle of a difference of opinion. Maybe my conversation got the 2A foot in the door and someone else will finish the job at a later time.
    aus71383 likes this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links