We are punishing the wrong people

This is a discussion on We are punishing the wrong people within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is it me, or are the laws becoming too numerous and excessively harsh considering the crime? I do not consider an environmental crime worthy of ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By ExactlyMyPoint
  • 3 Post By Daddydon
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 3 Post By msgt/ret
  • 2 Post By Stevew
  • 2 Post By BugDude

Thread: We are punishing the wrong people

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

We are punishing the wrong people

Is it me, or are the laws becoming too numerous and excessively harsh considering the crime? I do not consider an environmental crime worthy of such large fines or imprisonment, at least not the first 3, but violent criminals get off without the justice system batting an eye. It is stories like this that make me wince at what is happening to our country.

Web of environmental rules threatens Gulf Coast businesses with jail, steep fines | Fox News
    BugDude likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

The EPA needs to rot out. It's the very reason our economy sucks. It's the reason our businesses move to china. The save the squirrel fees and taxes are hiked up to a hostile amount

“Total control of your life – that’s what they want,” said Gould, who has been prosecuted on fishing violations. “You take away the incentive for somebody to do something bit by bit by bit. It’s like peeling the layers off an onion. You can only peel so much and then you don’t have any onion left.”
    Control.
    aus71383 likes this.

There are a lot of things in this country that are sdrawkcabssa.
    oneshot likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    There are too many alphabet soup government organizations that have outlived their usefulness and should have been eliminated long ago. The DEA, OSHA, ATF and EPA are but just a few that violate peoples rights with useless and overbearing regulations and they create more regulations just to justify their existence.
    oneshot, aus71383 and BurgerBoy like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I don't buy that a person with a hunting license for their state doesn't know the laws about hunting there. I also don't think he should have gotten 60 days in jail for it. The fine was enough. I agree though, that real criminals get off easy.

The EPA has grown out of control. It is time to completely cut funding and start up a new agency that has solutions rather than road blocks.
    oneshot and msgt/ret like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    There are a lot of things in this country that are sdrawkcabssa.

^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

And most of the time those "Things" begin with the phrase " 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "

The EPA, IRS, BATFE, Federal Reserve (which has NOTHING to do with OUR Federal government" & the Energy Department all need to go, just to name a few.

The energy deptartment began in 1977, with a mission to help lessen our dependence on foreign oil,

This, from their website;

The Energy Department is working to ensure America's Energy Future
    About Us | Department of Energy

With about 16,000 employees, and Billions$ wasted, how "independent" have we become from other countries "energy"?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

It's pretty bad when people face stiffer penalties for shining a light on a deer while holding a gun than breaking into your house and shining a light on YOU while holding a gun. Next time someone breaks into my house, I'm calling the rabbit police and telling them someone is illegally hunting deer in my living room. That might actually get them some jail time.
    msgt/ret and ExactlyMyPoint like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    I don't buy that a person with a hunting license for their state doesn't know the laws about hunting there. I also don't think he should have gotten 60 days in jail for it. The fine was enough. I agree though, that real criminals get off easy.
    What I think they are saying is that its not part of the local hunting law or the game code, The environmental rules made it illegal! And the government is taking advantage of the hidden rules. DR

Links