I finally found a safe for my car

This is a discussion on I finally found a safe for my car within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have two of those type of safes and the stink does go away after time....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finally found a safe for my car

I have two of those type of safes and the stink does go away after time.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I highly recommend that you guys take a look at Console Vaults. They are custom made to fit the center console for most trucks/SUVs by Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Hummer, Lincoln and even a bagger vault for Harley Davidson motorcycles. These are by far the most sturdy, secure and convenient car gun safes on the market.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I have the 200, and its currently in my truck. The Colt Combat Commander barely fits, a full sized 1911 would not. Never noticed a smell, but a few drops of Frog lube will make it minty fresh.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I highly recommend that you guys take a look at Console Vaults. They are custom made to fit the center console for most trucks/SUVs by Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Hummer, Lincoln and even a bagger vault for Harley Davidson motorcycles. These are by far the most sturdy, secure and convenient car gun safes on the market.
    yeah unfortunately they didn't have my car on the list. which sucks because I do have a center console. Maybe I will have to contact them directly to so what they can do.

However there is a very tight fit under my center front seat and the cable isn't exposed. That too is well hidden under the seats and you can't get to that without scraping your hands up under the front passenger seat (as happened to me while I was placing it in position). I think they will be satisfied with my crappy gps and old ipod that sits in the center console and not bother to go digging under my seats. Admittedly car break ins are not particularly common here. I think I have a better chance of being mugged.

I wish there was a better option though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I have the 200, and its currently in my truck. The Colt Combat Commander barely fits, a full sized 1911 would not. Never noticed a smell, but a few drops of Frog lube will make it minty fresh.
    Really? I'm about 100% sure mine said 200 on the package and it is at least 12x6. Now it doesn't look exactly like that picture that I put there because I bought it in a store and not online. I spent the same amount though $24. The only difference in appearance is there are these groves on top that almost make you think they are some code at first glance but then your like oh no, it is just some style that serves no real purpose.

Anyway I'll check it out next time I have a full size hg on me and see how it turns out and mention it here.

I went out last night with my p85 with the sole purpose of seeing if it would fit. the p85 did fit. Are you sure it is the 200 that you have and not the 100?

I have 4 of those. I got the model with the 3 digit spinning code lock instead so I didn't need a key. Very nice for under $30.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Re: I finally found a safe for my car

As I've mentioned, I have one. Pertaining to the size discussion, I have a 100 and use it for my XD9sc. It fits perfectly. There may be room for an additional magazine, but that's it. It's a pretty tight fit from grip extension to barrel.

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Here you go.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Sorry, mine is the 100. The short 1911 fits with about 1/4 inch to spare. I got the smaller one because the space under the seat on the old F-250 is tight, and it does double-duty for the motorcycles.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Sorry, mine is the 100. The short 1911 fits with about 1/4 inch to spare. I got the smaller one because the space under the seat on the old F-250 is tight, and it does double-duty for the motorcycles.
    Are you sure it won't fit? I think it is the same thickness, just a little longer. Would be worth spending $24 just to see. I have no chance at putting a safe on my bike. Maybe one day when I can get hard bags. It is also just kind of awkward to with a bike. Everyone around can see you putting it in. Or at least the populated areas that I attend that would ever require me to be unarmed. However those places I can go in with my 5" fixed blade (iwb) so I would just leave my gun at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatfreak View Post
    Here you go.
    Not exactly a "Car Safe". Check your state laws if you use something like this. In TX it needs to be concealed and this doesn't qualify. Seems like you could make a cheap cover for it. Might be good to use while driving. I would never leave my car with my gun just sitting there in the open.

I don't. This ran across an email I got about gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    Not exactly a "Car Safe". Check your state laws if you use something like this. In TX it needs to be concealed and this doesn't qualify. Seems like you could make a cheap cover for it. Might be good to use while driving. I would never leave my car with my gun just sitting there in the open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links