Cerakote durability with polymer ???

This is a discussion on Cerakote durability with polymer ??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Considering a stipple and cerakote job on my 2 M&P compacts. I like the look of a newly cerakoted gun but wonder how it wears? ...

Considering a stipple and cerakote job on my 2 M&P compacts. I like the look of a newly cerakoted gun but wonder how it wears? Specially how does it hold up on a polymer frame? Any issues with wear, chips, or cracks. Looking for real world experiance from fellow forum users.

Stipple and Cerakote for both guns will run about the cost of a new M&P. Wondering if I should just keep stock finish and get a full size to go with my compacts.

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmith View Post
    Considering a stipple and cerakote job on my 2 M&P compacts. I like the look of a newly cerakoted gun but wonder how it wears? Specially how does it hold up on a polymer frame? Any issues with wear, chips, or cracks. Looking for real world experiance from fellow forum users.

Stipple and Cerakote for both guns will run about the cost of a new M&P. Wondering if I should just keep stock finish and get a full size to go with my compacts.

Check out this guys story!!

Cerakote on polymer review... my trusty ol' 2nd Gen G23 gets a new skin. - General Handgun Armory - AR15Armory.com
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Administrator
    As with any top coat finish the substrate preparation work and pre-cleaning makes all the difference so make sure that you have an experienced pro do the work.
    The Ceracoat is one tough and amazing finish if properly applied.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks guys. I'll keep your input in mind. I'm holding off on the Ceracote job for now as I'm occupied with a new Kimber Compact CDP I just got. I'm sure my M&P's will be Ceracoted in the future.

Links