Sig Sauer p250 40 S&W

Sig Sauer p250 40 S&W

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer p250 40 S&W within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got this as my first ever handgun. Have hunted, rifle & shotgun, all my life. Any tips or things I should expect out of ...

Thread: Sig Sauer p250 40 S&W

Sig Sauer p250 40 S&W

Just got this as my first ever handgun. Have hunted, rifle & shotgun, all my life. Any tips or things I should expect out of this gun?
    Was starting to go pretty batty looking and finally found this. Being from Jersey i have another permit also any suggestions on what I
    should pick up next? I was thinking a 357 mag revolver so my wife could use that.

my wife just the got p250 sub in 9mm and loves it. You have a great gun. How about the 250 c or sc in a 9 for your wife. As far as problems, I dont know of any yet. She has put around 500 rounds through it without a single hiccup. Great gun for the money. Enjoy it

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the reply. The problem i am having with my wife is her being able to rack the slide. Had her try to rack my 40 and she couldn't. I've told her they would get easier with use but she is still leery. She tried a Taurus 9mm slim and it was very easy to me but she couldn't do it. She really likes the
    simplicity of the revolver and this would be the first gun, handgun, she's shot. She has done shot guns and my rifles so maybe I just answered my original
    question get her a revolver.

I never understood equipping women with revolvers (or lower calibers for that matter). My wife is less likely to be able to physically fight off an offender, so I want to give her every advantage I can think of. Give your wife a Glock 19 or M&P9. The average shooting is usually 8 rounds or less. With that weapon she has more than double that. She won't have to worry about wracking the slide.

Additionally teach her to push AND pull while wracking. It effectively doubles her force if she learns to push with her right hand as she is pulling the slide with her left.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Links