Have you ever used Gun Broker?

This is a discussion on Have you ever used Gun Broker? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In another thread, there was a suggestion to try out GunBroker.com and while I don't think I will win the bid because of the amount ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Have you ever used Gun Broker?

In another thread, there was a suggestion to try out GunBroker.com and while I don't think I will win the bid because of the amount that some of these guns are going for, it is worth a try.

Has anyone else used them to buy a gun?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    yes, worked out great, my friend is an FFL and got it shipped to his place. very happy, with GB. but as always let the buyer's beware.
    oneshot likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Used it back in 07/08 to buy some things, and in 08/09 to sell some things. Never had a problem with it.

Austin

I've bought and sold several guns through gunbroker, never had a problem. Just sold one the other day, in fact, shipping it out tomorrow.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Made two purchases recently on GB, one was my first AR. Both went well. Just do your homework before bidding and you will be fine.
    oneshot likes this.

Yes, and quite successfully. Unlike fleaBay, GunBroker works like a real auction - with a 15-minute rule that allows bids after the auction has initially ended. This works like the auctioneer calling "going... going..." and defeats "sniping" software (blessedly). They run a good business.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Do yourself a favor, and find an FFL close to you, willing to recieve the firearm, should you win it, and talk to them prior to your bidding.

GB has a section "find an FFl"
    All you do is type in your zip code, and a whole list of FFL's come up. most have their prices for long guns pistols etc.
    Most have phone #'s and emails.
    I found one 10 minutes away who does all the paperwork for $10.

Also, READ the listing carefully, as to what payment method they accept, what shipping will be, and their return policy if they have one, and all their other stipulations.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I am just shocked at what some of these people are getting for their guns on there. Makes me feel like I am at a gun show or something.

BG is great. I have bought and sold several firearms, and all transactions have been great to good.

Bought one through GB with no problem at all. Just make sure to look at the sellers ratings.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    I am just shocked at what some of these people are getting for their guns on there. Makes me feel like I am at a gun show or something.
    I won't say there are no good deals for guns out there some where. But if their are they will be very hard to find. Most likely in an estate sale where the owners daughter is selling off the household stuff.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I purchased three firearms on GB, no problems. Just make sure that you do your research and take into consideration FFL/Shipping cost compared to local taxes, also the standard 3% for paying with credit card (if applicable).
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I've used it twice and it was a smooth transaction both times. The downsides are paying an FFL to pick the gun up and credit cards are usually charged an extra %. Both guns I bought are discontinued models that I couldn't find locally and I got great deals to boot. I have no regrets. I would suggest comparing prices locally though. For example, a Beretta Neos costs $250 at Academy but they are all around or above $300 on GB. Just depends on the gun and if you can get it locally.

Many times, no problems at all. I just call my local FFL I've used numerous times and let him know who to fax his FFL to and when it comes in he gives me a call. Go through the drill and off we go.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    In another thread, there was a suggestion to try out GunBroker.com and while I don't think I will win the bid because of the amount that some of these guns are going for, it is worth a try.

Has anyone else used them to buy a gun?
    sure. bought a few things there.. my PPQ, some mags for it, some Tokarev TT33 mags, a few odds and ends.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links