Where/What State - Should I (We) Move?

This is a discussion on Where/What State - Should I (We) Move? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Indiana....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Where/What State - Should I (We) Move?

Indiana.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    KY.stand your ground and castle doctrine.
    I agree. It's great for gun owners here - and you can get Moonshine here too if you want too.

Our state motto is - Kentucky: The land of fast women and beautiful horses.
    BugDude likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Ky castle doctrine, stand your ground, legal open carry, shall issue ccw, fairly moderate weather in winter, if you dont live in town you can pee off your back porch Depending on what your vocation is it can be decent job state or it can be horrible job wise.

I think its actually fast horses and beautiful women but the other way works good too.

Just dont come here and help vote in idiots like are in office up there.
    BurgerBoy and ppkheat like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I've lived in NC, KY, VA, and now FL. There are things I liked about each and things I haven't about each. There's no perfect spot in all regards.

I live on the gulf coast north of Tampa a bit. Not too close, not too far away. Not too big, not too small. Can do things outside year round. Gun laws are great other than no OC (which is not a big deal to me anyway). I miss the rural mountains of Virginia, the landscape, the distinct seasons, and the rural culture. The downsides were cold and snow for months and not being able to do much outdoors. In the summer, you tried to do ALL of your outdoor stuff (car shows, golf, fishing, shooting, etc.). Shooting in my backyard was great, small rural area where everyone knew everyone and was helpful. That had its downsides at times. Land and houses were expensive there, similar to where I am in FL now. No state income tax in FL, but they make it up on fees and insurance.

All in all, I really like FL. I never thought I would, and never imagined I'd live here. But here I am and its great. Where I go next, who knows. I've had my eye on TN ever since my wife and I got married in Gatlingurg 20 years ago.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

The economy in Texas is thriving. Gun laws in red states are all pretty much good to go in my opinion.

Not ohio!

VIP Member
    Virginia is okay......as long as you stay away from northern & eastern parts of state.

I do think that Texas could have possibilities. If the US government can't get their act together....maybe Texas could go back to a republic.
    Wyoming & Montana are appealing to me for the sparse population (you should be able to tell I don't like people....just look at avatar.).
    Idaho seems to have a lot of like minded individuals.
    Possibly northern Nevada.....
    BugDude likes this.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    The problem with Texas is, there is little public land to shoot or hunt on. Everything is privately owned.

Go west young man, go west. Stop before you get to Kommiefornia though.
    There are good places in CA, gun-wise; though taxes are high and employment is low. I just got a 28% decline in value from the Assessor's office Seriously, don't discount CA for all the negative hype if you have any interest in it. It's a beautiful state. I have no affiliation - just a happy camper.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Re: Where/What State - Should I (We) Move?

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Indiana.
    Indiana has been pretty good to me thus far in my life. But being born and raised I AM now looking for something different myself. Not that there is anything wrong with Indiana but you only life once.

Georgia is a great place to live.

Let me put in a plug for Michigan. We've got Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground, legal open carry and is a Shall Issue state. We're in a tough patch right now because we have a Governor who is independently arbitrary and doesn't seem to want to work with either political party a good share of the time. But it's a beautiful state with lots of natural beauty, a variety of landscapes and a (somewhat) rebounding economy. We have winter but it's milder in temps than ND and MN (I have lived in both) but if you like snow the UP has got it. The northwest side of the state (lower peninsula) also gets pretty significant snowfall a lot of the time (this weekend for example).

Good luck with your decision!

Florida !!! look no further.

Pennsylvania.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Where/What State - Should I (We) Move?

New Hampshire sounds like it should be the murder and mahem capital of the Nation. :D

We have BIG white tails here in Iowa, shall issue, and the pheasants are going to make a comeback if the mild winter holds on. Good luck affording ground. Subsidized corn ethanol has wacked out the land markets - $17000+ per acre for farm ground! Don't get me started on the commodities fuel/food markets, but I digress.

I'll die here.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    There are good places in CA, gun-wise; though taxes are high and employment is low. I just got a 28% decline in value from the Assessor's office Seriously, don't discount CA for all the negative hype if you have any interest in it. It's a beautiful state. I have no affiliation - just a happy camper.
    Sorry, but I disagree. California is going to get worse. Stupid AR laws, very few counties are shall issue, expensive housing, unless you are somewhere very rural. I've lived here most of my life and can't wait to leave - and thought I would never say that. Will probably move to either Oregon or Utah.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links