Okay, these backorder times are really getting RIDICULOUS!

This is a discussion on Okay, these backorder times are really getting RIDICULOUS! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; order for 2 pmags on 12/20 - still on back order order for various 5.56 from 1/2 - still on backorder order for BCG - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, these backorder times are really getting RIDICULOUS!

Okay, these backorder times are really getting RIDICULOUS!

order for 2 pmags on 12/20 - still on back order
    order for various 5.56 from 1/2 - still on backorder
    order for BCG - CANCELLED
    order for backup charging handle 1/4 - still on back order

like -- i don't get how pmags and ammo hasn't met demand from over a month ago already. crazy

2. Remove Ads

I am willing to consider that the Obama Administration has been placing large orders (they have deep pockets, know what I mean?) in order to "do their part" to create this current--and prolonged shortage.

Somewhile ago, during the first term of Obama, his people noticed that "preppers" were buying a lot of freeze dried and/or dehydrated foods in case of a calamity.

It appears that this news irritated the administration because the US Government proceeded to buy so much freeze-dried and dehydrated food that it created a serious backlog of orders. Doing business in a normal way became very difficult for a while.

Today I saw an M&P Shield on the shelf at the LGS. They are taking advantage of the hoopla and have a nice fat price of $679 on it. Same gun was selling for under $430 a month ago.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I think someone posted there were like millions of PMAGS on back order.

I put in an order for a Gen 4 Glock 19 a few days ago. I'm 6th in line. I expect to get it sometime never.

I got my order placed in a reasonable time so I should be getting a shipping notification this week, but I ordered 6 E-Lander AR mags from MAKO, and they have been keeping their Facebook updated with information for everyone because the phones are ringing non-stop for them and can't answer all the calls. My order was a month ago and like I said should ship this week.

They put out a status saying they have 2 million AR mags on order and have stopped taking orders from distributors/dealers. They said they would probably be over 5 million if they had allowed for more orders. Good news is that they aren't price gouging and are staying at $18 a mag, and their customer service is phenomenal minus the phone line. They respond to e-mail and Facebook very fast. I guess they're shipping around 1500 orders a week and every pallet of mags from Israel is stripped bare just as fast as they are coming in.

I've got 6.8 spc ammo and mags on back order, which are apparently getting hit as hard as the 5.56 stuff. I've also got a Troy VTAC handguard on order which was supposed to be in Jan 1st, but keeps getting pushed back. Is the demand for AR's so high that even accessories like handguards are hard to get now?
    "Hell is truth seen too late."

Quote Originally Posted by oBMTo View Post
    I put in an order for a Gen 4 Glock 19 a few days ago. I'm 6th in line. I expect to get it sometime never.
    I don't know where in PA you are, but I was at Gander Mountain in Robinson TWP a week or 2 ago, and they still had G19s in stock.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    order for 2 pmags on 12/20 - still on back order
    order for various 5.56 from 1/2 - still on backorder
    order for BCG - CANCELLED
    order for backup charging handle 1/4 - still on back order

like -- i don't get how pmags and ammo hasn't met demand from over a month ago already. crazy

I back ordered 10 Pmags on 1/4 and just received them on the 28th. So I don't think it is to bad. Is your dealer jacking the prices up? I hear they were being very supportive of dealers who were not jacking up prices.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

thru cabelas

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Today I saw an M&P Shield on the shelf at the LGS. They are taking advantage of the hoopla and have a nice fat price of $679 on it. Same gun was selling for under $430 a month ago.
    That is what I like about my LGS. They sold me one, in the store for $409.00. They have been swamped and until things settle down, they will not put things on hold, will not take phone orders, will not put things on lay-a-way, and will not place special orders. First come first serve. It was the only "fair" way to do it. They have also had issues with their website so anytime something comes in that people want, they post it on Facebook.

The government has placed large orders, but I don't know if they are any different from what they normally order. Personally, anytime I am in any store that sells ammo, I look, even if I am grocery shopping with he kids.

I think that things will return to normal n a few months... Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    That is what I like about my LGS. They sold me one, in the store for $409.00. They have been swamped and until things settle down, they will not put things on hold, will not take phone orders, will not put things on lay-a-way, and will not place special orders. First come first serve. It was the only "fair" way to do it. They have also had issues with their website so anytime something comes in that people want, they post it on Facebook.

The government has placed large orders, but I don't know if they are any different from what they normally order. Personally, anytime I am in any store that sells ammo, I look, even if I am grocery shopping with he kids.

I think that things will return to normal n a few months... Maybe.
    Yea, my local range has a shop in it and they had a Sheild in 40 S&W for $439 (but they are honest folks) as does another one. This particular store I speak of is convenient to my home, so I go there for ammo and mags and such, but buy my guns elsewhere.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Ordered my AR end of October / beginning of November. Still a no go.

Lol I'm still waiting for my availability phone call let alone back order.

Different product but I just got extra mags for my XDs from Springfield. The web site showed 5 - 6 weeks to ship. But, pay for faster shipping and it shipped in 2 days. I didn't need to pay for the real expensive overnight. Just an extra $10 or $12. Might work on some of these other backlogs???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links