Fraud Alert - Personal Choice Outfitters Suspected - Page 2

Fraud Alert - Personal Choice Outfitters Suspected

This is a discussion on Fraud Alert - Personal Choice Outfitters Suspected within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks for the info. I did a lot more research and the information on Personal Choice Outfitters was pretty bad. The good news is, they ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fraud Alert - Personal Choice Outfitters Suspected

Thanks for the info. I did a lot more research and the information on Personal Choice Outfitters was pretty bad.

The good news is, they didn't scam my account. Turns out " COF RETAIL SRVCSOnline Pmt" is Best Buy's billing name. When the charges first posted to my checking account, my financial institution couldn't track the drafts beyond the COF... identification. Since that was my first experience using Best Buy's online bill pay service, I had no idea that COF... was in fact Best Buy. It caused me to suspect Personal Choice Outfitters because their website mysteriously shut down and online research indicated a number of their customers may be victims of fraud.

Whew, it taught me a really valuable lesson. Have to give the folks a Arkansas Federal Credit Union (near Little Rock AFB, Jacksonville, AR) a lot of respect for doing an outstanding job. My husband and I have been with them for almost 33 years...and no matter where we move (CA, TX, NC...), they've been our financial rock.

COF RETAIL SRVCSOnline Pmt #

For me it turns out " COF RETAIL SRVCSOnline Pmt # " was a credit card processing service for my Menards charge card. The old charges appeared with some form of "Menards" in the description, but they've recently went to a new service. My bank told me I could call and check from this number 1-800-298-4240 which is also somehow linked to Best Buy and HSBC Retail Credit Cards. I didn't have to call the toll-free number, once my bank told me these were for 'a retail chain credit card processing center such as Menards, Kohls, etc... - I realized what the amount was for Menards, and was able to verify it without calling the toll-free number. Hope this helps others.

VIP Member
    Welcome and thanks for the information. With all the bank sales and name changes it's getting really hard to keep track of who's doing what.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

COF Retail Services

Quote Originally Posted by cutlassmoon View Post
    For me it turns out " COF RETAIL SRVCSOnline Pmt # " was a credit card processing service for my Menards charge card. The old charges appeared with some form of "Menards" in the description, but they've recently went to a new service. My bank told me I could call and check from this number 1-800-298-4240 which is also somehow linked to Best Buy and HSBC Retail Credit Cards. I didn't have to call the toll-free number, once my bank told me these were for 'a retail chain credit card processing center such as Menards, Kohls, etc... - I realized what the amount was for Menards, and was able to verify it without calling the toll-free number. Hope this helps others.
    To Cutlassmoon: TYSM for the info. I was alarmed when I saw a deduction by them from my checking account. However, upon reading your info I realized it was a legitimate payment I had authorized on a charge account. Thanks for your post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MYP238 View Post
    ... notified our Life Lock service and are jumping through the ropes to protect all of our financial accounts.
    I thought Life Lock was supposed to notify you.

Sounds like you gave them a Debit Card number. Hope you get to all worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links