NY Daily News publishes QUESTIONABLE editorial that seems FAKE about guns.

This is a discussion on NY Daily News publishes QUESTIONABLE editorial that seems FAKE about guns. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; you decide: NY Daily News Publishes Questionable Account of Why Former Gun Owner Gave Up His Guns ? Real or Fake? | Guns Save Lives ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NY Daily News publishes QUESTIONABLE editorial that seems FAKE about guns.

you decide:

NY Daily News Publishes Questionable Account of Why Former Gun Owner Gave Up His Guns ? Real or Fake? | Guns Save Lives

(it links to the official story too)

i like how he was jolted awake by the burglar but the bg was still OUTSIDE...lol

VIP Member
    I'm not sure there is much relevance to his story, legitimate or not beyond the assurance that he becomes a deer in the headlights when it hits the fan, so he believes the rest of us should join him in his ineptitude and lack of resolve.
    oneshot likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

right, but the things that seem fake are HILARIOUS. like he loaded it with one shell, then ejected it (which he'd have to unlock the action or fire it to do), but he kept messing with the action? then the bg heard all this from OUTSIDE?

Let us just suppose for one moment this is a true story (which of course I highly doubt). His gun DID prevent a burglary and did prevent a possible assualt on him and his GF.

He would have had the intruder come in his house if he did not have the shotgun, albiet he was supposedly a moron and could only manage racking the slide.

Maybe someone should highlite this story from that angle.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

"From the robust kick of firing a revolver to the emphatic, mechanical bursts of shouldering an assault rifle on full auto"

OH REALLY? full auto at the range?
    Ctger05 likes this.

Yeah, that editorial seems suspect.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member
    A complete work of fiction.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

"From the robust kick of firing a revolver to the emphatic, mechanical bursts of shouldering an assault rifle on full auto"

OH REALLY? full auto at the range?

Complete BS. Author has no concept of how a pump shotgun works. Claims he would have been more likely to shoot himself or his girl than a burglar. That I can believe as he is clueless in how his HD gun works and kept it unloaded for some reason. Perhaps due to some uneducated idea that it might "go off" if shells were in the tube.

Like making it ready by removing trigger lock and putting ammunition next to the gun?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: NY Daily News publishes QUESTIONABLE editorial that seems FAKE about guns.

If that is true it provides a fine example of how/why the owners of a firearm may get hurt with their own gun. Displaying, or deploying, without proper understanding, training, and mindset is a terrible idea.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

and why would you keep it by the DOOR? so when someone breaks in, you have to run past them to the door

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    and why would you keep it by the DOOR? so when someone breaks in, you have to run past them to the door
    agreed. My HD weapons are ready to go

VIP Member
    Blanchfield is a Ph.D. candidate and Woodruff Scholar in comparative literature at Emory University in Atlanta.
    Yup, fiction.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

still laughing over this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links