First gun you purchased

This is a discussion on First gun you purchased within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Used Savage sngl shot .22 with Manlicher stock. I bought it so I could join the schools rifle team (IMAGINE THAT TODAY!). My father accompanied ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: First gun you purchased

First gun you purchased

Used Savage sngl shot .22 with Manlicher stock. I bought it so I could join the schools rifle team (IMAGINE THAT TODAY!). My father accompanied me in the purchase. Put a Tasco variable x scope & a sling on it. I don't remember my age, 10, 12? This happened in the current nanny state of NY, 70 miles N of NYC. Inconsistent shooter, poor extractor, and yes, I still have it, in the same configuration 40 yrs later. Good Memories of days gone by.

2. Remove Ads

When I turned 21, I bought a Ruger MkII Bull barrel .22lr pistol. It's a blast to shoot. I haven't shot it in about 10 years, and it shows. I just got a M&P 9c, and right now even barn doors are fairly safe. I will be in the range ALOT to get competent with it.

I bought a Harrington-Richardson 9-shot .22 piston...sold it about 30 years later (a dozen years ago) and have regretted doing so ever since.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Brand new S&W model 422, a .22 cal LP with wood grips. Used to shoot only CCI blazers through it. I still have the rear sight adjustment tool from S&W on my key chain. I bought it from Greene's Gun Shop in Oak Harbor, Washington when I was stationed there, 1986-1989.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

The first one I bought was a Mosin Nagant M91/30. I gave my mom the money to buy it for me when I was 15 or 16. The best part was I got it with a Bass Pro gift card that my extremely anti-gun grandparents gave to me.

First handgun I ever bought was a Rossi 38 special. That was back in 1985. It was stolen during a break-in while we were at work. It was "cheap" but it was my first!

GeorgiaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'll qualify my reply. The first gun I purchased was some kind of "midnight special" .25 semi auto. Oh it had the faux pearl grips and everything. I know, I know ... I was young and dumb, in the service, running with a rough crowd at the time. It did disappear in a pocket however. It is long gone.

The first 'grown up' gun I bought was my S&W Model 28, 4 " barrel .357 mag. It was a cop trade in when the "wonder nines" were coming on the scene., early 80's. I still have it and take it with me every time I go to the range. It is my "bump in the night" weapon of choice. I will never sell it ... hell probably worth zilch anyway.

Beretta .25 ACP. $49.95 at the LGS. A looong time ago.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

The first gun I purchased myself was a Ruger 77/22. I worked all summer mowing and then bought it at the end. Well, technically my dad bought it for me but I raised the money. I put a 3x9 scope on it and a Harris Bipod....made myself a mini "sniper" rifle. I guess the first gun I actually walked into a store and "bought" myself was a Kimber Desert Warrior. I still have them both and can't see myself ever parting with either of them.

Re: First gun you purchased

M1 garand from my granddad

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I was 14, a buddy and I had spent about 10 days putting up hay for his dad, when we got paid we walked to town to a gun shop, the gal that ran it had hundreds of old rifles and shotguns in racks running down the center of the store. She was running a special on like new Lee Enfield NO 4 MK 2s, got the rifle, web sling, bayonet and scabbard and 200 rounds of ammo for $125.

We stuck the bayonets on the rifles, slung the ammo bandoleers across our chests, shouldered the rifles and walked through the middle of town, past the police and sheriff's departments, through the court house (to get a drink of water) and no one said a word to us. Try that today!

First gun you purchased

Ruger P89 .. Nice starting gun
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Re: First gun you purchased

My first gun was a .40 Beretta 96G Elite II Brigadier.

Sold it last year to get a few new CCW guns.

A 4" Ruger Police Service Six. I still have it but haven't shot it in probably 15 years.

A Ruger KP90DC was my first gun purchase. I don't carry it and can barely afford to shoot 45ACP but I will never get rid of it. P90s are tack drivers.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links